talisker, you're a troll mate.

I considered pointing out that nobody is bleating as you so rudely and sweepingly suggested, and that there probably isn't some false modesty or supermellow indifference to competition here. But because you're a nasty little troll, I thought a straightforward insult was more appropriate. If you want to be 'mature' and air your suspicions, try a little civility first.

Creep.

yuki....everyday? I feel like a wee " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> for times past.....

talisker, your point is well recieved but I think most people responded to defend snow sports. When somebody pulls off something I could only dream of doing, my instant reaction is a cheer followed by a beer. I board for me, no one else. My enjoyment. The sport itself provides the challenge not other people.

In fact, I like the fact that I'm not the greatest. Then I can then in the hope that, that beautiful Swiss Snowboarding Insructor will fall in love with me and our log cabin in the Alps with the roaring fire inside and masses of powder heeped on my doorstep.......

talisker, it's a technical term. Here's a definition. Fits you nicely;

troll

troll v.,n. An individual who regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll."

So talisker, just what is it that upsets you about people claiming to get simple enjoyment of their winter sport? What is it about that that makes you want to attack them with contemptuous expressions? Enlighten us, please.

Oh I see. So you admit you are a troll, and you like to the play that old, old, "I know what you are going to do/say next" game, so popular with 6 olds. You just can't lose with that one can you, talisker?

And, you haven't answered my question. I wonder why not?

Say, talisker, instead of playing games fitting a 6 year old, why not just be civil in future eh? Most people can manage it if they try weely weeely hard.

I don't want to interrupt the bickering ;\) but - I am interested in who are the pros here and who are the advanced skiers and boarders. I'm hoping to hook up with some people this winter - I don't want to be toooo embarrassed \:\)

I've never met anyone else on here, so I don't know but I do know that there are many people much better and much more into it all than myself. I'd love to see some of them in action though.

Quote:
Originally posted by klingon:
I've never met anyone else on here, so I don't know but I do know that there are many people much better ... than myself.
You don't know but you do know??

Are you a woman?

;\)