Hi wave.gif

There seems to be a pretty cool community of riders going on here, glad to see it because I'll be with you hopefully in a couple of months.

So tell me - if it is generally known - who might be the best skiers and snowboarders on these here forums then? ;\)

cool.gif

Some people just get a bit moody sometimes Kling Klang ;\)

I personally don't know who might be "best" - someone else might have to provide an answer to that one!

It's hard to answer that because most people on here haven't seen most of the others.

And even if you saw somebody two years ago, they might have spent the intervening time going nearly everyday, and got a lot better.

But if you have a look at the member pages, and read the Snow Talk section carefully, you can get some idea of what level people are at.

I think it's a legit question - people are competitive by nature, and there are certainly all kinds of competitions associated with skiing and snowboarding.

Some people care who is the best - I know for a fact that alot of 17 year old American boys care who is the best. And some people don't care, a la Fattwins.

I think Ocean11 answered yer question perty well KlingKlang.

As for Fattwins' question - Does it matter who is the best ? Not really. I think that this forum is great though, because, if you read it enough, you can find people to slide with who will make you push your own abilities.

peaz.

Most of the folks I have ridden with from here can hold their own pretty well. Barok, Fatty, Zwelgen, Danz, NoFakie, and Sparkle all rip it up. Dane is by far one of the most impressive skiers I have ever met. db is starting to get the hang of it. \:D

edited out what i thought was a lame part in my post.

Ill admit to the part of people beening people competitive by nature. its what makes us push forward and advance. So yeah i like getting better.

I prefer to ride with people around the same level and just have a good time.

At the same time I have a japanese buddy that cares about who is the best at everything. i am always telling him that it doesnt matter. Ive seen this guy push it too far in many types of sports.

So who is the best? to be honest and open not everyone here has met or seen everyone else. so the question cannot be answered in truth.

The whole reason I enjoy snowboarding is that it's fun to just get on with it and not worry about who's better....Think about it, all the sports you did in school etc placed you in direct competition....rugby....football....running.

I would have to say that pulling something off that I haven't done before makes me feel good. As does boarding (or skiing) with decent fellows who are up for a jolly good time.

yep, it's me \:D

i didn't wanna say, but since you asked lol.gif

no really, i am \:D

sorry, i couldn't resist ;\)

jared egged me on to leave it at that, and after a beer, i was gonna, but i'm not like that...

i don't really care who is the best, but i admit i love skiing with people better than me cos they push me to improve with every run... in saying that, i know some pretty awesome skiers, but i find that the best skiers will never say anything about their ability - you'll find out anyway cos their skiing will speak for itself.

well, off to eat dinner, i came home from work to a cooked dinner and a beer... gotta go get it before it gets cold!!!!! clap.gif

don't worry, i've got another beer now... and i should also mention the excellent thai curry i just devoured...

however, i just want to say that we answer cos in order to get our skiing fix when there is no snow, we comb the forum for things we can even remotely give our two cents worth about. most people here are pretty easy going, and pretty crazy about snow sports (why do you think we spend so much time on the forum?)... \:D

Im certainly not the best but dont really give a f$@! either :rolleyes: Had the best winter of my life last year skiing almost daily at Niseko. I improved so much and got to a level where I could ski with "good skiers." Thats so much more satisfying than being behind a desk for the winter, eh? ;\)