Hey there,

This might be the wrong place to ask but I was wondering seen as there are so many of us Aussies on these wonderful forums, has anyone traveled on one of OZ Snow Adventures packages before? We are doing exactly this and although absolutely everything has been perfect thus far (flights etc) one question popped up that I thought I'd follow up.

Whats the quality of the gear they use? We have paid for Board and boot hire (we have everything else and it's a pain lugging the few boards we do have so we may as well hire) but we are kinda scared it will be chipped, dinged and generally baaaaaad.

We're not pro or anything but I'm sure you know how it is - crap gear just feels wrong, and sometimes can obviously have a detrimental effect on performance (no matter how little!).

I'll probably follow this up with them in person but if they are like most people looking to make money out of you they will stretch the truth a little.

Guess I'm asking here because their hire might be similar to others in Hakuba...I'm not sure how they work (if they have their own shop etc).

So yeah....any help would be mega cool. lol.

Peace!

Gear rental can always be hit and miss but am i right in that you mentioned in another thread that you are a complete beginner? If so I wouldn't worry too much, in fact its highly likely that you will be adding a few more dings and chips to the gear! Just concentrate on building your skills and above all to have fun. You don't need to look super cool to have a good time!

thumbsup

Damnit I don't like it when things people say makes sense...I guess you're right. Long as it functions correctly I'll be happy.

Not like today when I went ice skating and despite been a beginner the guy who was handing out the skates kept giving me a funny look when I said the damn things were blunt. I Guess he figured it would'nt make much of a difference for me.

Finally got a decent pair and was carving it up! Sort of related story...

I hear what you are saying, but as long as the board has a decent edge on it and has been properly waxed it should be fine for ya, it can have all the chips off the deck and look like a piece of shit but you should be fine!

I'm off for my 1st day this season tomorrow, so have been going over my gear all day, now for an early night so I can catch the early Shinkansen

biggrin