I know what addiction can be like - mine is quality pies! And I suffer in Japan coz there ain't any!

But seriously - great write up I like that. I'm looking forward to checking out the Japanese hills.

See you! cool.gif

Got gear have had gear for years. Before I went hiking in the morning checked in with patrol if not that day told them the day before.

Am I good enough with my bc skills no, but I am always trying to learn more. Hope to be able to take a course this year also.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever been to Hotham Snowb-freak? in the last couple of years there have been so many places opened up that you can hike for ages. the best thing about Hotham is you ride and then hike back to the village. lots of people look and then think..nah, i cant be f*!%ed walking out of there but usually it takes less than 30 mins to walk out. if you get a chance take a look

NS I was planning a trip to Hotham this season just gone but my ankle started playing up after my long stint at PB so I had to call it off. Next year I'm definately going to check it out. I've heard nothing but good things about the place and I'm eager to give it a bash.

A couple of mates went down but didn't do any hiking, they are the types who can't be bothered so it can be annoying riding with them sometimes as they rarely wont to go off track and do a bit of hiking. Lazy buggers!

• 2 weeks later...