• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I spent a few hours looking at that and reviews and went and ordered it. With the exchange rate it will only be about 20,000 yen inc. postage which I can cope with.

Looking forward to starting on that.

Just in case anyone interested...

I went through the first session of this DVD course last night. It was about 50 minutes long with another 40 minutes supplemental exercises DVD.

Really good. It's so much better than reading and trying to learn from a book. This guy is a really kind teacher! lol I know it's only very early but the first impressions are good.

Interesting though how this course is starting off quite differently from what my book was telling me to do.

Seriously I have high expectations now if I stick with this. He says do 15-30 minutes a day 5 days a week and that's what I will do.

thumbsup

• 3 months later...

sounds like you have your learning sorted but if people are looking for other resources then the spytunes.co.uk vids on youtube and their website have been helping me a bit lately.

Yes I'm all sorted with learning - I could not imagine a better tool to learn with than the DVD course I have (other than private lessons on call). It is excellent..... I'm not!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>Kind of like learning a language, really.

Yes!

kool. Though he's only 12, and looking at the site it might be too comprehensive for him at this stage to hold his interest, but we'll see. I might have to get it first and check it out, I've been half seriously thinking about getting a cheap axe myself and trying to improve my own not-very-good guitar skills for sketchpad recording purposes, though I'd have to find the time first, but I did take lessons for 2 years when I was a kid, so if I go ahead, at least I'm not an absolute beginner....

At any rate, it looks good, so does the the Learn & Master drums!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

16 months later.

Oh dear, I would still call myself a beginner.

Perhaps advanced beginner.

Love it, but difficult.

But I am feeling the need to put some real effort in now.

Good that you're still at it.

I was back in Canada recently and brought back my old mid 80's made-in-Japan Fender strat from highschool. It was a Van Halen inspired model with only one humbucker and a volume knob. I routed channels and put in two Seymore Duncan single coil pickups for variety and true strat tone. What a beautiful machine it is. Like an old friend that you run into and it seems like time has stood still.

Anyway, a big part of learning the guitar is learning about tone and types of guitars and pickups and that sort of thing imo. Good to hear you're enjoying it!