Hey folks,

I am skiing at Shiga in a couple of weeks and will need to hire skis, boots and poles. I am having trouble finding any details regarding the cost of hire (for 8 days). Does anyone out there have a ball-park figure I can work off? Also, do hire places generally accept credit card payment, or should we bring extra cash to cover the hire fees?

Cheers - Snowy.

Hey there Snowy, I remember hiring my daughter some boots in Shiga Kogen from the hotel we were staying at a few years ago I don't think it was that expensive, however my mate is coming to Niseko with us next week and I was looking at the price of rental gear in Japan vs OZ when you work out the conversion rate of the $ and yen I worked it out to be heaps cheaper hiring here, so we got his gear from SNOWBIZ on the Gold Coast today and they also have a shop in Brissy too. Good Luck. Cheers Dave

Thanks for the input, guys!

I hear what you're saying, Banno re bringing gear from Oz, but with 4 kids and a few nights in Tokyo, we decided against the extra luggage.

Does anyone know whether the rental counters generally accept credit cards? I'd hate to have to carry all that cash just for ski gear rental payments....

Cheers - Snow.

Mate, I wouldn't rely on using credit facillities anywhere in Japan. Cash is the way forward and it really is safe to carry vast amounts around with you without fear of some ned jumping out and holding you up.

Now losing it is an entirely different matter..... smile

Hey Snowy - Leave the Kids behind with relatives or at home by themselves with a box of corn flakes and long life milk grab your gear, have more fun and save money. Everyone wins!!! Kids have fun with no parents!! Parents have fun with no Kids!!!

PS- B4 someone gets stuck into me about leaving kids home alone I"M ONLY JOKING. Anyway there not my kids.