Got around to buying a wifi station so I can dispatch with all the annoying cables lying around at home. Thought it would be a pretty straight forward process, but have been having major probs trying to get it all set up. Cables all attached correctly going through my original router and then to my mac etc. First of all couldn't actually reach the server for 192.168.1.1 to change settings and register as it says to do. Just says the server is not responding. Tried rebooting it all, rebooting Mac, nothing. THen all of a sudden without actually doing anything, finally managed it once, but it still didn't register properly. I clicked on the right things as outlined in the instructions, it said it was set up but when I clicked on the wifi signal to join it it (at top of screen) prompts me for a WEP password, yet I haven't got a password, nor is it set for encryption yet?!?! Now I can't get back on to the 192.168.1.1 site to change things or at least have a look at it. Any suggestions? I am literally banging my head against a brick wall!! For what it is worth it is a Planex BLW-54CW3. VERY FRUSTRATED!

Mac's belong in mac world. You may need to buy a (mac) airport express. they aren't too expensive.

airport.jpeg

That said, I've never had a problem hooking up to other people wi-fi set ups, and I'm talking about quite a few.