This one's definitely not at a ski jo! :hijack:

Kiri cream cheese at hanami!

Mick%20Rich_263.JPG

Ok, the Horuyoi I understand coz you must have had a chick along... but the Nodogoshi? Wtf, I thought only homeless dudes drank that!! And, aren't those cans a little small for proper hanami viewing?

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year I thought I would create a special "Cheese at Resorts" Gallery.   At the moment, myself along with Cheesewoman, Cheesegirl and Cheeseboy are at Nozawa Onsen in Nagano. Lovely place, but

A tale of 4 baby cheeses - Pt 1   I heard a small voice calling to me from the convini at Furano, it sounded like it was coming from a 4 pack of baby cheese. The cheese asked me for a ride to the s

Ok, the Horuyoi I understand coz you must have had a chick along... but the Nodogoshi? Wtf, I thought only homeless dudes drank that!! And, aren't those cans a little small for proper hanami viewing

I know a few people who drink Nodogoshi and they are not homeless. I think it's awful myself as well, is it just cheap or something?

But hey if you didn't pay for it. You just guzzle the black Asahi there.

:friend:

• 4 weeks later...

It is like thin strings of cheese braided together. Hence the bread-like look. Each string can be split into sub-strings, like Japanese string cheese, but more... rubbery? You have to pull it much harder lengthwise to make it snap. And it stretches much further before it snaps.

That particular one is smoked. There is also a plain brine-soaked type. Both versions are quite delicious, but very salty -- beer accompaniment highly recommended.

Have you seen this cheese stick?

Here he was seen the Villa Ichinose on Sun 22/1/2012.

SAM 1836

Then spotted waiting for the Nagaden bus at 8.17am

SAM 1839

His movements included boarding the Wideview Shinano

SAM 1940

And changing in Nagoya

SAM 1950

He was also spotted outside the Magical Cheese Bar in Kyoto

SAM 1952

Last known whereabouts: He had tried escaping through a window at the Smile Hotel in Tokyo, where he landed hard rooftop balcony. If you see him, report to authorities immediately, as he is wanted for several assaults, including headbutting, "reaction testing" and general tomfoolery..

It was a Sunday afternoon (about 3pm ish) and the Cheese bar wasn't open, so we weren't able to go in. Perhaps it's only open at night or something. But it's on a main road in Kyoto (Shichi-jo dori, near the corner of Takakura dori according to google maps) if anyone is in the area and wants to check it out.