Our exhausted family of 6 traveled for a day and a half from Perth via HK via Paris to London Heathrow....and before we landed I realized that we were going to Terminal 5, oh oh! BAD feeling. Particularly as the transfer at CDG from Air France to BA went less that smoothly and less than politely (on their end).

Well you guessed it.

Family of 6 safely arrives in London.

Their luggage does not.

All 6 suitcases.

THANK GOD we did not have snowboards with us as well!

Right now we are close to 24 hrs later and while BA apparently KNOW where our bags are and are getting them to us (promised to arrive 10hrs ago) we still do not have them.

Never again will I allow Qantas to book us on a codeshare flight with BA. Never again.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear about that. It is just so annoying.

The never again is a good thing to come out of this perhaps. Hope you get them soon!

Quote:
less that smoothly and less than politely (on their end).

It's totally embarrassing. Japan really opens your eyes to things like that.

Gambatte!

Not only BA but also Heathrow. So put the two together.

Problem is, I need to get up to Manchester and so if I don't use BA the price goes up and often they cheaper than KLM via Amsterdam. So I have often ended up taking the risk. Never had a major problem.

Feel for you Mamabear.

Thanks for the commiserations guys!

5/6 bags have arrived but we are still missing one. So we are coping, but without ALL of our toiletries, clothing for the two youngest (although we are raiding their snow clothing packed in the other bag)and a few other things.

Unfortunately Thursday I can not claim on insurance because this is the FIRST trip ever that I have forgotten to get insurance! DOH! I realized on Christmas Day when it was too late to do anything about it.

Serves me right I suppose.

they do it on purpose so they can get some overtime. Barcoded tags that go through the computer system so that each and every bag can be tracked. The only eway they can misplace bags is by human intervention. And wham, over time for playing cards and drinking tea.

You could try writing a strongly worded letter the Quantas frequent flier club, they might send you some cash vouchers to use on your next flight. BA, in general, won't give a shit, that's how they became like they've become.

Well I never got a response from Qantas when I had to fly back from Narita in a broken seat leaning to the right the entire flight - with foul attitude on the attendants....but I must admit that I had a chat with a Qantas rep just before we left who was awfully helpful and suggested we call with any complaints if there are any problem this time and make sure our issues are heard.

She must have known something!! LOL

I was a bit annoyed at the service at CDG as we were a transfer, and Qantas Club members but had to queue with the hoards and re-check in and go through all the security checks again (shoes off, unpack everything etc etc) despite still being airside!. Qantas will hear about it for sure, but at this point we are treating the whole thing as an adventure and laughing a LOT!

Probably the best way to cope at this point. Leave the recriminations until after you return.

Anyway, serves you right for goint to that "you rope" place instead of Japow!

just ride it out with a smile - it's all you can do in an annoying situation.

then give em hell with complaints and letters - you'd be suprised what you can get back when you keep pushing and speak to people with decision making power

enjoy the rest of your trip

No more BA

no more planes until we are going home = then I don't care really...

We are train from here on in.

Thanks guys.

Called them again last night - they have put an SOS out to Air France and Qantas as they now claim the bag may well have been 'lost' before the other 5 and by someone other than them as it is nowhere to be found.

So I think we can kiss it goodbye.

Kids clothes will be replace in the next couple of day - the video camera I think we will do without as we only just replaced it last week.

That really sucks. Try to forget about it now (hard I know).

I had a bag missing once--- for a whole week. I complained A LOT. I got upgraded to business class on the way home. Give that one a go!

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Thanks for the commiserations guys!

Unfortunately Thursday I can not claim on insurance because this is the FIRST trip ever that I have forgotten to get insurance! DOH! I realized on Christmas Day when it was too late to do anything about it.

U are travelling with kids without insurance?? Gosh that's a bit silly wink
Credits cards have coverage, so would pay to check that out.
There is a cool thing also called the Internet where you can purchase travel insurance on.. wonderful thing really!

Yeah, indo has that way of making everyone feel wonderful.

MB, Is there anything that I (still in Oz until Monday) do to help?

PM if you like.

john

bad luck MB, I grudgingly had to travel with BA home last week, after vowing never to darken their door. They were the cheapest for when I needed to fly. Fortunately everything went without a hitch and it actually started to repair a little faith in them, even Terminal 5 was fine. Was a little strange to get screened again, shoes off etc before entry into the terminal (we hadn't went through immigration and were in transit) but better to be safe than sorry I guess. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip, looks like Zermatt will get some snow today and tomoz but nothing on the horizon until at least sunday

Maybe stupid was a wee harsh yet still I find it hard to find how anyone could travel without insurance.. especially with kids.(can be bought at the airport and online)

I've had personal experience where $200 in insurance has saved us around $100,000 in medical bills. Just something I feel strongly about...

At least bags & their contents are replaceable!