How can this be possible? (Surprise birth)

A woman received the ultimate Christmas present when she gave birth to a child that she didn't know she was carrying.

Tina Cook was rushed to hospital by partner Peter Hearn after waking in the night with stomach pains. Just ten minutes after arriving, she had given birth to 5lb 8oz Alfie.

Ms Cook, 31, who has two other children - Amy, nine, and five-year-old Ruben - was completely unaware of her pregnancy when she woke in the night with cramps, even though she was full term.

'I am just so shocked. I had no idea I was pregnant,' she said. 'My period finished three days ago and it didn't click until I got to the hospital and I felt the head.

confused

It is....but it happened last year to my Mum's cousins daughter in the UK. She was not fat. Not a waif, but certainly not fat.

She had to call work and tell them she would not be back for a while, and why! Bizarre.

Only real problem for her was the father was a LOT darker of skin than her, and her family were a little bit on the racist side. Took a quick adjust! All is good now and the baby is gorgeous and well loved but HELLO - I knew BEFORE I missed the first period with all 4 of the boys! I just wanted to throw up on everyone and everything.

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
It is a bit difficult to imagine. She must have initially had a very irregular cycle, because going into the second month of not having one's period, I think most women would have noticed something...

The girl I mentioned actually had a monthly cycle like clockwork...
I can understand that, as I experienced similar with one of mine - I was terrified I would lose him for the entire pregnancy because I KNEW I was pregnant, but if you had no idea you were pregnant it would appear to be a regular cycle.
Originally Posted By: SG
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Probably so damned fat that she didn't notice...

article-1100764-02E190DB000005DC-140_468

not all that slim, no.

But only 31? she looks at least 40! and then some.
Talk about letting yourself go.

she looks more like a bloke. Her bloke must've been on drugs or is not at all choosey.