Hi wave

Got a question, well 2 really.

Is Rusutsu worth a day trip from Niseko for someone staying in Niseko for a day? Those in the know here, what you reckon? (Intermediate skiers, keeping on course for the most part)

And how about Kiroro?

I read the reviews here and stuff just wondering for some feedback from the obviously lots of people who know tons on here.

Thanks!

I think Kiroro is worth it too, maybe not the same WOW factor as Rusutsu but if you are going to stay in the piste then I would rate it as equal to if not better than Rusutsu for an intermediate skier.

If going Off Piste, the Rusutsu wins pretty easily although Kiroro has some nice easy hikes that access some really nice terrain.

If you can fit them both in then I would do them both, who knows when you will be back next and the cost of splitting up your tickets i.e. 2 days at Niseko, 1 day at Rusutsu, 2 days at Niseko and 1 day at Kiroro are negligible if compared to a 5 day ticket or a 2 + 3 day.

welcome

Rusutsu is definitely worth it. I'd only hit Kiroro if you get terribly bored with Niseko or conditions in the interior are not up to par. Kiroro is a bit longer of a trip and it is just "good" at best (not "great").

not hatin, just giving opinion, really tho to compare Rusutsu to Kiroro is not even close during powpow season, unless you hike Yoichi dake, would prob hit Kiroro in April when there is no snow left in Rusutsu