Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............Which board to take???

I'm gonna be headin to niseko for the first time and the baggage allowance is clearly not enough for me to take both my boards. I've got a tons of fun 157 and less poppy 163.

What does the collective voice of experience suggest? Is it true what they say about the masses of powder? Is my wee board gonna be lost in the fluffy stuff?

Decisions, decisions.... wakaranai

Powder board for sure. If it dumps, you'll be laughing, if it doesn't, you'll still have a good time. On the other hand, if you take the small board and it dumps, you'll drown, so you're cutting your chances.

Samboco I have a 157 as well but last year, while I had great fun, I really needed a bigger board. When the powder is over waist deep you'll want as much float as possible.....take the 163.

BTW if you want to take both, then get in touch with the airline previous to going to the airport and arrange the extra baggage, its much cheaper, I paid 50 quid when I flew from Edinburgh to come over here and I was able to bring my snowboard (as well as all of my belongings) for the flat rate. I packed the board bag as well with loadsa shit as well, they didn't bat an eyelid

The big beast it is then! thanks for the advice guys.

As for trying to pay a flat rate, we've tried that already and they gave us an extra 5kg each but thats our lot, heading to New Zealand for a few weeks before so got a fair few flights to negotiate so I'm really gonna try and keep to my 25kg. It'll be pants on inside oot and back to front to maximise usage!