• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the deal with Asian Fit goggles? Are they just "smaller" or something? And don't Asians have all sorts of shaped heads just like us gaijin? It confuses me, perhaps I'm missing something.

The Oakley "Asian Fit" goggles are the same plastic frame and lens, but there is more foam in the nose bridge area, since many Asians have smaller bridges and/or higher cheekbones. Those goggles are also good for non-Asians who find that snow blows into their goggles at that point.

I wear glasses and snow board. Initially I ditched my glasses, but depending on your vision that makes it difficult to see. I don't have OTG googles, but I do use anti-fog wipes on my glasses. They do a pretty good job. If u use these then u should be good as long as your moving and not over-heated. It's a managable solution, but to be honest it's a hassle. And so I'm getting Lasik done in Jan! Really looking foward to being able to see on the slopes w/o glasses =D

And BTW, my first post here!

Welcome SantaCruz.

I reckon Id be in for Lasik asap if my eyes were a problem and it was an option. My hearing I can easy do without, but my vision I need! Trying to convince Papa to consider Lasik but he is happy as is. Let's see how he feels after juggling goggles this season (only got his glasses about 6 months ago).

Thanks Greenroome and Mamabear.

I'm living in Seattle and the season is finally starting here, although it's still early season. The lame part is that the city has been getting snow also and it completely shuts down =/

Anyways, I'm totally OT here. I'll let u guys know how the Lasik goes. I'm expecting it'll make a big diff being on the slopes. Really looking forward to it smile

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Eye stuff like the freaks me out a bit.
Was it painful thursday?

Done on local.

- Machine slides across your cornea, no pain.
- Doc lifts the flap cut from your cornea, nervous, red dot becomes lots of dots.
- Laser bursts tick, tick, tick, smell of burning flesh. No pain. The more ticks, the more microns being burnt off.
- Drops of liquid to cool down.
- Doc replaces flap.
- Wash down again.
- 20 mins later, can see through the eye again.

Marvellous.

I did one eye at a time with a week in between. Nowadays, technique is so good, they are confident to do both at the same session.

I went from coke bottles to GP (gas permeable) lenses and then having your eyes dry out 'cos the GP lenses were just crap.

Lasik was a great solution. And still is. The cornea shaping is under the fla, away from the open air, hence less chance of infection and a smooth eye surface. The procedure before lasik was invented was called PRK. The suface of the cornea was thinned leaving your wound open to air and thus infections galore. The former USSR used PRK as a cheap solution to prescription glasses. Operations used to take place on conveyor belts.

Some more vodka doc?

I was surprised to see in a shop yesterday that the over the glasses ones weren't that much bigger or they didn't strike me as being anyway. Didn't get any yet still thinking and looking.

Lotsa Over Glasses Goggles around. plenty of sales now.

Just bought new ones for the kid (10yrs old). They are adult size as the kid sizes were too small for her now.

She never had fogging probs with her old cheap ones. New ones double lenses, good ventilation so should be set.