1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Lately, I've been doing 15-20km bike rides in the evenings and then soaking in a local onsen. Great it is. The last 3 weeks I've been to the onsen on average 4 times a week and it's becoming a new daily routine thing. Love it. I am of course lucky to live close to some (2 within 10 minutes walk of my house).

Hows about yous? Lets onsening or not? Poll time.

Every other day probably (but then am only there for 3 weeks). Up in rural Tohoku I think a lot of the farmers go on an evening - it's a good way to get warmed up before going to bed (well it works for me). There's nothing better than soaking in the 露天 風呂 (rotten furo - outside bath) with the dumpling sized snow flakes falling on your head. Ahhhhhhhhh gokurakuja. Then its to the veding machine for a hot coffee/calpis soda/ice cream (delete as appropiate). The family's already picked out the first onsen; Ikaho in Gunma next week. I can't wait. groovy

Originally Posted By: Nisoko
I'm a bit wary of onsen. Some of them make me come out itching all over. I haven't quite worked out the kind that does that to me other than "looks like dirty dishwater and smells pretty bad". lol

Yeah I know the onsen you mean, it smells a bit like rotten eggs right? It is high in sulphur, if you have a low tolerance to sulpher I think you will find that is why you are getting an itchy sensation. I am not 100% sure of course, but I think you will find that is why?

Yes indeed they are supposed to check the PH and I guess they do, but although the PH maybe with in specified limits that how ever can still be to high for people with very sensitive skin.