1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I'm trying not to think about it and getting on with work and other things. Then I'll be happy and surprised to hear of decent snowfall.

it doesn't matter when it happens, it just will. I think last New Year there was a metre overnight and there were some great photos doing the rounds. I think I remember Creekboy posted some from his balcony (it could be someone else) and someone posted their car which looked like a mushroom from Mariocart.

I hope it sooner rather than later though!

Originally Posted By: neversummer
it doesn't matter when it happens,

Ahhh...but it does!
For those international visitors that have booked snow trips.
For locals they can roll with the snow a bit more, but if someone is busting thier butt all year to afford a once a year or once in a lifetime trip and they end up with no snow it will be disheartening to say the least. Doesn't effect me, but I can understand the concern of those it does effect.

I was being sincere.

Good snowfall everywhere is good for everyone. Right now even if parts of Hokkaidough have snow, it's not masses of the stuff and the general feeling is that the season hasn't started yet. A 3 day storm covering all the mountains will be good for everyone.

And of course I feel for people with holidays booked if they turn up when snow ain't there or ain't good.

Originally Posted By: Hokkaidough
I will choose a more appropriate smiley next time!

Apology accepted! thumbsup I hope there's snow all over by this time next week!

worship

Snow-Forecast got things turning colder from Monday 22nd. AccuWeather say the same, and that it will continue to be cold up until at least new year, with some snow. Wouldnt take too much notice of predictions of details over that time-scale, but you might be able to get a general idea.

After checking the previous years snow reports, it looks on schedule. Why? (I'll use Shiga Kogen as a comparitive)

Average snowfall in December: 60cm

Current snowfall (19 Dec): 35cm.

So provided there is a 25cm dump in the next 12 days, then its still on track.

I find looking at the statistics an important step when planning a trip. That's why I usually try to aim for late Jan/early Feb. Because the average snowfall in these two months is around 250cms, meaning that the land has already cooled down, and thus in a better position to keep the snow that falls.

Over here (Aust), you'd laugh at someone who booked their ski trip to Perisher/Thredbo/Bulla/Falls Creek in mid June. There just isn't enough snowfall to warrant it, and hoping for an early big dump is naive/overly optimistic.

True but (like you I'm coming from Aus) for many of us the only time to get off work and travel is the gap over New Years. And judging by previous years I don't think it is too optimistic to expect good cover over the Christmas/New Year period in Honshu.

Having a look at a lot of the forecasts though it seems probable to get some sprinkles in the lead up to Christmas with heavy snow predicted on Tuesday morning....although they are exactly that - forecasts!

I'm on my knees begging pretty please!!

A few years ago when we had a similarly bad start it all suddenly came just before New Year. New year without decent snow would be terrible for not only us of course but the resorts - one of the busiest times of the year.

So please please please.... snow, like, NOW!

• SnowJapan Moderator

For those who don't read the NEWS section or threads (and I know there's a lot of you!), I'd just like to point out that we now offer 6 day detailed forecasts on 250+ (soon to be more) of our resort pages. See here for more....

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthread...html#Post294305

wave