• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a reason for eating a kebab yesterday, other than the default reason of being drunk as a skunk. I was hungry.

Went to a Lebanese restaurant which I knew had kebabs (called baberuth, get it?). Ordered a lamb Shawarma. It was marinated lamb with cucumber, tomatoe, lettuce, and chili sauce wrapped in a pita.

3218702875_fc6a1ddb0c_m.jpg

Image is a bit out of focus cos my face was pretty close to the kebab.

The lamb was succulent with a strong yogurt taste. The chili sauce was hot veryshocked

Good kebab. Perhaps 7 out of 10. thumbsup

Nothing like a nice Doner! Haven't eaten one for ages, last time was in Shibuya!

Back in the UK there was a great doner kebab take out in Bedford, Turkish owned. They used to serve huge doners with more meat and vegies than you could shake a stick absolutely delicious!

Wonder if that shop is still there?

Noticed one in Akihabara today, seem to be getting more popular of late!

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
I'm a bit spoilt with Kebabs - I make them at home alot.

Yep I make the sauces and put in my own variety of goodies and wrap it up and bang it in the sandwich toaster. YUMMY. I quite often have them for my dinner. yummy

not a Doner though SH. While kebabs at home are indeed yummy and often healthy, the "elephant leg" variety are waaaay bad for you....still taste great though!!! yummy
Doner kebabs sold in the UK contain "shocking" levels of salt, fat and calories, a survey has concluded.

Officers from 76 councils sampled 494 kebabs to test their nutritional value, during the Local Authority Coordinators of Regulatory Services (Lacors) study.

The average doner they tested contained almost 1,000 calories - half a woman's recommended daily intake.

Geoffrey Theobald, of Lacors, said: "The level of saturated fat and salt in some is a serious cause for concern."[/qute]

I am totally shocked veryshocked

I always thought they were highly nutritional. Thats why I ate so many as a student.

I really do not believe that research. I'll have to do my own. Only my sample size will be 500 or so.

May have said this before, but the doners come from wholesalers who have grade A, B, C doners delivered frozen.

Grade C is for Catford, grade B for Croydon and grade A reserved for Buckingham Palace.

• 2 months later...