got myself twisted up in trying to find the best kebab shop in London. Ended up craving for one, so went to TST and found this Turkish kebab shop.

They were Turkish 'cso there were like 7 middle eastern men sitting on the kerb outside speaking non-English, non-Chinese, drinking small cups of black coffee and looking quite angry. And the shop was called Istanbul something.

But anyway had myself a doner

3096500081_79c708d82d.jpg

Quest continues to find a decent place in Hong Kong that do the cardboard meat stuff instead of this lamb pieces all stacked up and pressed together.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, you're using the wrong term. Every right thinking person knows that the meaty stuff shown in your photo, when cut off and wrapped up with some salad and garlic sause and other stuff is called a sovalaki.

Nope....Thursday is on the money that is Doner. Although I think he is looking for the "Elephant Leg" donor that is most common in kebab shops up and down the UK. I remember when our local chippy's also sold doner

Originally Posted By: Mantas
Even if you've had a three course dinner, some wine, 9 pints of lager......there's always room for a kebab.

How true lol

Why is that I wonder?
Originally Posted By: thursday
who does the sun rise and set?

It doesn't, the sun is fixed and doesn't move, its the earth that "rises and falls" in its orbit around the sun. razz

Can't wait to get my teeth into a sweaty doner kebab when I go home in 2 weeks
  • 3 weeks later...