The weekends have been very good with fresh snow. come midweek the temps have been rising causing the snow to freeze and melt making hard compact conditions in the morning and a little slushy in the afternoon.

Dont forget its only December 4th

Sure, if its people that can say:

I have skied (X) amount of days in Hakuba THIS season and the conditions are (Y)...

Gordon if you are after skiing groomers top to bottom, then better w8 till January.

If you are after the BC and high Alpine get on a plain ASAP before the next storm sickle arrives and f's things up.

I'm only here til end December but just wanted to get some skiing in now to make a change of scenery. WouldI be better with Niseko then?

I'm in my early career for off piste so looks like anything near the groomers. The report says there's 100cm snow at the top...

• SnowJapan Admin

Our pages show base numbers as default (we can actually adjust that default if people think another setting might be better)

There are 3 pieces of data. At the top, you will see this:

6 DAY REPORT DETAILS >> TOP :: MID :: BOTTOM

If you click on any of those links the 6 day forecast will appear.

It's written here:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/294305/08_09_SITE_UPDATES_New_detaile.html

Thanks

i stand corrected SJF.. I didn't notice the change.

I think the setting for Hakuba should be at mid station. As at the moment you can't ski below this area.

• SnowJapan Admin

Well whatever setting we set, it changes for each and every resort - we can't pick and choose for the setting for individual resorts. So the fact that right now we can't ski below mid-station at Hakuba isn't enough of a reason to change the setting for 250+ resorts throughout Japan. If that makes sense...

• SnowJapan Admin

friend

And don't you read the News threads? wink

We're open to a discussion on which might be best for the default (TOP, MID, BOTTOM), but that decision needs to be made with the big picture - all Japan - in mind.