08/09 PHOTO CONTEST - The Photo of the Year Nomination thread

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes of course. But some people put too much emphasis (and use it as an excuse) on all the faffing about with settings.

I was just noting that muikabochi here, good camera and all, takes consistently superb photos and says he's basically an auto setting guy. Obviously he has a real talent for spotting and composing great images.

Why thank you friend

My lack of understanding of my cameras functionality means there are lots of situations where I am quite (or very) hopeless - things like night-time, fast-moving stuff, moving water, etc. They are the kind of things that I intend to study up on this summer - I'm hoping it's not too difficult! I just like taking pics for fun, that's all.

• SnowJapan Admin

[Just a reminder: this thread is not for posting (or the discussion of) photos that are not uploaded to SnowJapan; and perhaps more than usual, it's also not for posting links to other websites or discussing photos that aren't here. I'm sure if you look back on what this thread is all about, the reasons for this are clear. Thank you.]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for bringing this up Hotaka Scott, I meant to post this earlier this month but seems I didn't. doh

We are going to extend that nomination deadline by a month, until the end of June, to allow for more people to nominate.

friend

I will nominate some. I even have a few to upload myself (but they certainly won't be hanging out in this thread!!)