Xmas is relatively quiet.

New Year does get busy but NOT that busy on the slopes. Might be a few more people than usual in the moutain restaurants and might be a longer line than usual in the morning to get up the moutain but after that when your up the upper parts the mountains, then not too long to wait for a lift.

Oh and there is Christmas in Hakuba on the 20th December at Goryu, free event and free night skiing.

New Years countdown at most of the ski areas and free onsen on New Years day!

So I'm heading to Hakuba for my winter break too(Dec. 22-Jan. 2). I was wondering if I could get some advice on what resorts to hit up? I'm really into my skiing and when there is not enough snow to hit up any of the good terrain I like the park. Will anywhere have any features up (I'll accept guesses). There's got to be a box or two. Right?

Stemik- are you serious about the free skiing for Santa? I'll hit up Off House and make my own steezy santa outfit if this is true.

PM me for my kaitai number if anyone wants to show a Colorado kid around. I'll buy you a few beers.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: InkSwell

Stemik- are you serious about the free skiing for Santa? I'll hit up Off House and make my own steezy santa outfit if this is true.

Thanks!

Yes.
Originally Posted By: InkSwell
So I'm heading to Hakuba for my winter break too(Dec. 22-Jan. 2). I was wondering if I could get some advice on what resorts to hit up? I'm really into my skiing and when there is not enough snow to hit up any of the good terrain I like the park. Will anywhere have any features up (I'll accept guesses). There's got to be a box or two. Right?

PM me for my kaitai number if anyone wants to show a Colorado kid around. I'll buy you a few beers.

Thanks!

By the way i had trouble understanding this post...what is "Off House" and what is the "box or two" you mentioned

That's a sweet photo the santas. Thanks for the heads up on that. I will have to go to the used clothing store (called Off House in Kochi generally attached to a Hard Off). Although those costumes looked pretty professional. Maybe I should just try to find the real deal. I'm sure my students would get a kick out of it.

Sorry for falling victim to stupid slang. Your definition of steezy is spot on. I don't know if box is slang, but it is a wide slippery feature similar to a rail generally found in the park. So to rephrase my question: will any of the resorts in Hakuba have a park this early in the season? Is a jump too much to hope for?

Thanks. In the mean time I'll drink to Ulr, pray for snow, make offerings at temples, and if my neighbors are really lucky do a snow dance. I would love to get to ski some of Hakuba's famous steeps.