I was at a party last night and one Scottish guy brought out some haggis. I had never heard of before but was surprised at hearing the ingredient! It tasted a little strange for me, but the guy said it was not 100% authentic.

Did you try it?

Yes.

We ate Haggis Croquettes (small Haggis crumbed and deep fried) served on greens with a redcurrent jus....very upmarket haggis at a fancy Scottish Castle served as an entree....I loved it.

Not sure I would be as keen on the traditional boiled Haggis, Neeps and tatties, but my parents love it.

Haggis is great!! clap

haha Aki, when you hear what its made of it doesn't sound so appetising but actually the pluck of an animal is very healthy meat, very little fat. When I eat haggis I has to be a fine grade (all chopped up into tiny bits), I don't like rough grade when sometimes you gets chunks of the various parts.

How did you eat it? MB, its really nice the traditional way, mashed tatties and neeps with some whisky sauce...mmmm.

I have had chicken breast stuffed with haggis before, lovely it was too.

Originally Posted By: Amos in Utsunomiya
Don't they make them from old bagpipe bags? wink

haha...no its the other way about, bagpipes are made from old haggis!!! lol

I've only had it once here, a couple of months ago there was a Scottish Highland Games at Kanda University in Tokyo, had some there...it was shit. Don't eat all the time like, pretty rarely actually but its not bad
Originally Posted By: thursday
yes ocifer, this was the offending item

161_IMG_0270.jpg

great taste awards 2005???? what else was entered?

Natto perhaps??!! wink

I wonder what is in a Vegetarian Haggis??