Single - Jean Michel Jarre "Oxygene 4"

Top tune! I didn't actually buy it though, I just ate enough packets of crisps (KP Discos I think, or was it Skips?), to get a voucher. I think it was twenty bags. A joint effort on the crisps with my brother got us Turning Japanese by the Vapors next.

Album - Rainbow "Down to Earth"

My dad's apprentice at work gave us loads of heavy rock tapes, so we were big Rainbow fans. Their early stuff with Dio is killer. Tarot Woman, Kill the King, etc. However, I bought this the day it came out and didn't know they had a new singer and had gone pop. Its total garbage.

That's them! Thanks, I think... at least thanks for not mocking me.

And you will know then, that "I Was Made for Loving You" was on the "Dynasty" album... a great album, if you're a twelve year-old, anyway.

Originally Posted By: popshuvit
keba.. did Soft Cell sing Tainted Love?

Well mine is

Single: "I was made for loving you baby" by Kiss
Album: Can't recall exactly, but I think it was an early Midnight Oil album. (Maybe the first self titled one)

Head Injuries?

That was my first album, my brother bought it for my birthday. Some classic lines in that one by Peter Garrett (now the federal minister for the environment)

Push start that car tomorrow, I'll take it to the tip yard.
Or leave it as a metal wreck for cats to sleep.

Then I'll catch that bus to Bondi, swim the beach and wonder.
Who can wear the fashion when place oh so hot.
  • 2 weeks later...

Buying records used to be so much fun. I remember waiting until release date of some Smiths single and going down to the local record shop and exitedly buying the 12". The Smiths didn't do "extended mixes" and all that stuff, but they did give you extra tracks on the 12" version. Brilliant.