- some kind of seaweed mix

- some rather scary looking dark purple tofu stuff

- pieces of octopus

- an umeboshi

- another small dish with something unidentified in it

I ate:

- some rice

- some miso soup

My Japanese friends seemed very pleased with this gourmet breakfast, but I'm hungry!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it great. On its own for breakfast, in a maki with some chopped schallots, or deep fried in bean curd. wonderful stuff. I realise not everyone does, though (refer to my signature).

Funny - I used to be a 'fish for breakfast?' kinda girl, Aussies are not big on seafood for thier first meal of the day (even kippers - in fact kippers are not big here at all!), but I occassionally just crack open a can of tuna and have it on its own, or spread on toast nowdays.

This morning I was VERY bad - no protein at all....not a good thing 0 my body does not metabolise well when it does not start the day with protein - I had a bowl of Just Right cereal and hilo milo, with an expresso long black.

Yesterday was better - eggs benedict - today I could not get my S.H.1.T .together.

I love a full cooked breakfast. Sometimes called a Big breakfast or even an English breakfast. Sausage, bacon, tomato,mushroom, eggs, toast and a good coffee.

If I have one of those babies I'm good till diner time.

Quote:
- natto
- a small bowl of tiny white boiled fish
- some kind of seaweed mix
- some rather scary looking dark purple tofu stuff
- pieces of octopus
- an umeboshi
- another small dish with something unidentified in it

Hmmmmmm! Souinds yummy

Same every day in summer - 2 Weetbix yoghurt ans whole milk, washed down later with a strong, black plunger coffee. (Life's too short to drink sh!t coffee)

In winter, I change the cereal for oats (and ditch the yoghurt - not sure that the yog would go too well on hot oats! wink )

Originally Posted By: Mantas
I love a full cooked breakfast. Sometimes called a Big breakfast or even an English breakfast. Sausage, bacon, tomato,mushroom, eggs, toast and a good coffee.

If I have one of those babies I'm good till diner time.

I like one of those babies for lunch.