Hello all.. I am a long time lurker to this site.

In January, I will be in Japan for my 3rd time in 4 years.

I am boarding a week in Myoko, and checking out a few places either side of the boarding.

On my way back from Myoko, I have a few nights in Tokyo.

Does anyone have any suggestions of hotels near Tokyo station? (I will be taking the shinkansen to Osaka, and will have my snowboard, so I dont want want to be lugging my gear around the subway)

Also, I wouldn't mind catching some local live rock music while I am in Toyko. Any suggestions of places to go?

Finally, on the way to Myoko, I will be coming from Kyoto.

Would it be easier to take the train direct to Nagano from Kyoto, or the shinkansen to Tokyo & changing for another to Nagano?

Arigato.

You should seriously look into posting your board instead of lugging it back and forth across the country. Look out for the kuroneko (black cat courier) at the airport and send it to your spot in myoko. If I remember right they are happy to store it for a few days en-route... and the you can send it straight back to the airport too when you're done. Think it only costs around 1500yen either way... definitely worth it, and won't having you choosing places to stay based on carrying distance...

Cheers for the info peoples.

Gogalago, I did that earlier this year from Narita, but didn't realise you could also send it back to the airport when you are done.

Is that something you organise (and pay for) when you arrive?

Also, do they have the kuroneko at Kansai as well as Narita?