So Does anyone here ski, or has skiied on Armada skis?

I'm just basically looking for some opinions after having purchased my first ever pair of skis (yay no more hiring for me) for my hakuba trip in january. I guess I'm excited and am sick of looking at them, and want to hear opinions form someone who has used them.

the skis that I bought are armada ARV (185cm) with marker 12 free bindings.

14887.jpg

The JJ looks appealing to me out of all the Armada skis, as do the ARGs - Ive never skied on Spats, but have heard nothing but people rave bout them in powder...its just any traverse or ice packs, for example, that everybody complains. JJs seem more like a compromise between the two.

i'm not familiar with the term spats.. but guessing it has something to do with fat twin tips. or that spatula ski that i've heard of but never seen.

as far as i can see the ARG is meant for nothing but powder. and i can see why the JJs would be better on ice and traversing with the shape of the edges, but i was really after something i could take anywhere on the mountain, i've never skiid deep powder before, so it will be new to me, and as i understand these skis will be great in it, and i am told they are still a solid contender on the groomed runs.

130 - 95 - 119

ha yes they are not aesthetically challenged, thats for sure.

I've only ever skiied hire skis, so never been on anything new let alone a twin tip.. i can't wait to get in there.

got a pair of nordica SM10 boots to go with

http://www.nordica.com/site/skiboot.php?site=13&lang=1&id=62

I skied on the 175s last year. I had an awesome season on them,(what with all the snow that hit the US) they have a lot of flex so they are a lot of fun to play around on --and they're pretty light good for hiking. They ride well in powder/park/ fresh groomers but the edges leave something to be desired, so icy conditions can be trecherous. But if your legs are strong and you should be fine. I rode them all year through all conditions and they never got me in trouble.

This is my first year in Japan, but if it snows as much as I hear it does then I imagine you will be thoroughly satisfied with their performance. And they are by far the coolest graphics in the market.

Enjoy.

excellent, thats what i like to hear smile ! i've got pretty strong legs from lots of hard gym work and years of cycling and swimming, so hopefully i can put that to use.

thanks alot! i was hoping there'd be some hands on experience with them here!

I know a guy who skis them now (this weekend in fact) but his IP is banned so I don't think you'll be hearing from him. Anyway he has a ski for every occasion and these seem to be getting a lot of use on piste but will clearly go elsewhere from just looking at them.