• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it sounds like crap. Doesn't practice make perfect and if you are out practicing (or boarding) on your day off doesn't that equate to improving your skill to pass onto students.

I certainly wouldn't want lessons from someone that wasn't honing their skills and exploring the local terrain.

I believe that in NZ, AUS and Canada you get a season pass. I know my niece was working on a ski desk in a resort in Canada and she got free skiing the whole time she was there. thumbsup

When I worked at Keystone I got a Vail Pass for free - 4 Mtns (Keystone, Breckinridge, Beaver Creek and Vail) + for a mere $10 you could also get A-Basin pass.

Yours to use as much as you pleased, except if you called in sick that day in which case you pass was "hot" and you were in deep doodoo if you were caught using it.

No stupid rules about uniform.

That's the way it should be. Why can't Japan get their proverbial into one sock?

Spoke with some Japanese friends about this last night. They didn't think a season pass was something to expect.

Able to ski there for free using your instructor jacket/id -- yes.

A season ticket -- no.

Originally Posted By: fukdane
Spoke with some Japanese friends about this last night. They didn't think a season pass was something to expect.

Able to ski there for free using your instructor jacket/id -- yes.
A season ticket -- no.

yeah, i know. You are expected in Japan to work your life away and not have any time for fun. To bad they have applied this to the world of snowboarding and skiing.

they have their way

given the context of your original post, 'where i come from in gaikoku'...what is that saying about rome?

not meant as a bash at your, as perspective.

who says they have to accomodate anyone?

i told the office yesterday they should think about teaming up with the other resorts in the valley and making an all-valley pass or at least a multiple-valley pass and the first reaction i got was a repressed chuckle.

after pressing them, i got anger:

絶対やらãªã„ã‚ˆï¼ (no way in hell, even if it freezes over)

how's that for a translation, mr. wiggles?

so, the point being, you should poach them and look elsewhere for work.

by the sounds of it from talking w/ you today, it seems that's a possibility?