The whole "nouveau" concept is a beat-up by the Beaujolaise to sell this rubbish as some sort of special treat for a special occasion. It's very ordinary wine, made with a very nondescript grape variety, and I don't know why anyone bothers, except it's another excuse to get drunk, cheaply.

It's like with Champagne - "Mmm... here we have all this unripe Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape juice, what shall we do? Let's ferment it again to make it fizzy to hide the acidity, and put a premium on the price! Suckers..."

It's all in the marketing, like the Emperor's new clothes.

Originally Posted By: keba
The whole "nouveau" concept is a beat-up by the Beaujolaise to sell this rubbish as some sort of special treat for a special occasion. It's very ordinary wine, made with a very nondescript grape variety, and I don't know why anyone bothers, except it's another excuse to get drunk, cheaply.

It's like with Champagne - "Mmm... here we have all this unripe Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape juice, what shall we do? Let's ferment it again to make it fizzy to hide the acidity, and put a premium on the price! Suckers..."

It's all in the marketing, like the Emperor's new clothes.

Hallelujah!!!

Well said

actually was drinking this last night, it was advertised everywhere!!! I didn't know anything about it....give it a whirl, its ok, drinkable but I thought it was kinda watery in flavour. I'm no wine buff tho, I cut my wine teeth on boxes of Coollabah as backpacker in Australia!! lol

Originally Posted By: Indo
Notice in OZ it doesn't get any attention.

Keba... Bubbles and bog NV just ain't in the same class.

It used to get some attention a few years back, the we moved on to Shiraz/Viognier blends...

No, they're definitely not in the same class, Champagne is a much greater rip-off by an order of magnitude.