Hey guys Im currently residing in Japan on a 12month working visa from Australia. I've secured work at Nozawa Onsen Ski Resort in Nagano. Is there anyone on here thats worked here before or even boarded there at all? Any feedback would be cool.

Cheers guys!

Check these forums and the resort reviews etc - you'll see Nozawa is one of the favourites! Well done. What job will you be doing? Brushing snow off the lifts? wink

Yep, i rode there for two seasons. Lived 10k's away in Iiyama. The employees there work pretty hard but i liked the area a lot. Can get a bit isolated at times, certainly not the night life of Hakuba. Its a ghost town out of season - dont know why its still got plenty to offer.

If you like exploring you wont get tired of it - both on and of mtn. I found new trails at the end of year two, and cool spots in the village, and i know i missed plenty.

It changed tons in the two years i was there, and apparently even more so if you look a couple year before that time. I got the impression that its one of the only resorts that is growing in the area, however i think its still running at a loss.

By some accounts Iiyama is changing too, im interested to hear about the place, i hear there are a few more foreigners in town.

Matt

Hey, Josh. I'll be there (with +1 and 2 mates) mid January.

Make sure there's plenty of powder left for me!! (kidding, really!)

We'll be at the Villa Nozawa 14-24 Jan. Will have to catch up.

Cheers

john

Hey Josh

i have also secured a job in Nozawa Onsen for the season

when are you heading over to japan? or are you already there?

ill be in Tokyo for 2 weeks from the 3rd of Dec

what type of work are you doing?

ill be doing the lifty thing

ok mate let us know

swami

somewhat depends on the gender of the "friend". If of the opposite persuasion to yourself, that could lead to becoming an ex-friend, I suspect!