Hey.

K2's hellbent 2007-2008 compared to 08-09, is there a big difference? What did they change? other then grafic.. softer, harder. Should you go for the new one or is the old one just as good, but cheaper coolmirrors

And what about the sice, I'm 172 and would like a longer off-pist ski. But hellbent comes in 169 or 179, 179 looks like a good sice. But K2 skis are measured so that 179 are acctually 183-185 or something. I just don't know what sice I should go for.

Ideas? comments?

I am not sure about Hellbents and I don't think you're likely to find many people around here with technical knowledge that is super detailed. For what it's worth K2 skis are meant to ski longer than they quote, as you mention. Also from your other thread I would heartily reccoment gotamas as an everyday ski (it's what I have) although if you will mainly be skiing in an area prone to iciness you might want to reconsider. Gotamas generally ski shorter than the quoted size, so the opposite to K2 stuff. Maybe the Barking Bear might have some people who could help you with these questions?

to the best of my knowledge it hasnt changed much - same rockered tip/tail this year but I dunno if its the same as last year. waist hasnt changed. It does ski long (dunno from personal experiences) but most people say 5 inches longer than what it says cuz of the rocker.

K2s are pretty soft generally - I have some toons and theyre the softest ski I have ever clipped into. Very nice and getting around the groomers on them isnt that hard either after a run or two. Theyre butter in the powder but you dont feel like skiing cuz theyre so damn fat...more like???

well, hipsterandjane. Have you seen the cool grafic? haha, no really. I have skied K2 skis before and those that I have tried I liked. So now that I am looking for a powder ski, going for K2 felt like a good choice. And since I can't try them before I have been reading a lot instead and hellbent seem to be a pretty good ski. There isn't too many powder skis for girls that fat.. Hellbent is softer compared to (as an ex.) JJ.

Creek Boy, would you say they are too fat? I guess it depends on what you want, since with this development on skis, i don't know, skiing is changing. for the better or worse..

But as my dad would say, if your a good skier you can ski anywhere on anything.. :]

Well, if there isn't that big of a difference between last year and this year I can't see any reason not to save a few..

I was thinking of moving my diamir to them, but I kind of like my hiking skis. Hellbent for a hiking ski??