Bali Bombers to be executed any time now.

These pricks killed 202 inocent people an injured a further 209 in the 2002 bombings in Bali. 88 of them were Austalians.

_44895727_bombers_ap226b.jpg

This is a quote from Amrosi.

"Execution is the biggest criminal act, especially when it is applied to warriors like us," he said.

"All those who are involved in the execution will be condemned by God.

Warriors my arse! Planting a bomb, then running away to safety to allow inocent civillians to die??? To call them cowards would be an insult to cowards.

Die you bastards!

Sorry if this upsets anyone directly involed.

cheers

Agree completely Mantas. Are they being shot? I hope the shooters wing'em a few times before finally finishing them off.

They should televise it too- would definitely be a ratings and advertising bonanza.

As a form of legal punishment, capital punishment doesn't work - too long, too convoluted and not cost effective etc., But I'm all for the idea in principle.

Gotta agree!

Those who commit the same kind of act but as a suicide bomber tick me off royally....but there is some mitigation in the fact that they believed so strongly that they were doing the right thing that they were prepared to die for it. These buggers are APPEALLING the death penalty!!! If they are SO committed to the cause surely they would be prepared to die for it.

I am not normally an eye for an eye type of person, but I just HATE guerilla/terrorist warfare. Keep the battle honourable and on the battlefield if you have to fight - better still sit down and resolve things with WORDS! Don't kill innocent holiday makers to make a point about your religious beliefs!

One of the boys in bearcub #3's class at school lost his mother thanks to these guys. His little sister was just 4 years old at the time. I think most people know someone who was effected directly or indirectly.

Hang 'em & Make a public display of it. But keep your heads down and eyes alert if you are anywhere in Indo with an Aussie Accent in the next little while!

Shot to the heart I believe RD.

I don't condone capitol punishment either (except in this case)

Like Mamma said, there are loads of people who have died for what they believe in. Right or wrong they do it with valor and honor. No so these animals.

I'm with you Mantas - I am against anything being killed but with these guys SHOT THEM!! They will get out of it easy, a marksman with one lethal shot. Those poor people in that bombing were not that lucky many laying badly injured and badly burnt until help arrived and then the ones that survived endured months and months of rehabilitation.

But they have been told that there will be virgins aplenty for them (as martyrs to the cause) and they are so stupid as to believe that! I just hope that they find out that the closest they are going to get to a virgin is to remain that way for eternity.

I'd also quite like it if they would return and tell the rest of the suicide bombers etc that there's not any reward in "heaven" for them, just a long time dead.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Snowdude - you're missing out something- they don't have balls

LOL, yes that's true how silly of me, yeah they don't have balls, can't if they can bomb people like a bunch of cowards, ok then hang them by their ears instead.
Originally Posted By: NPM
Mantas, in your first post ... you spelt DIE wrong. DYE means to change the colour of something, eg. your hair

Well they can DYE them and then shoot them for all I care.

Interesting tidbit of information relating to this...

A friend returned to Jakarta for his job in oil and gas this morning, I had lunch with the wife today...she was telling me that he has moved hotels (company did the instigating) a couple of times in the last few weeks and his recent location is at a small 15 room boutique hotel - big shift away from the big name western hotel chains....all because of the heightened security risk due to this execution. These are people that WORK in the area - they know the feel/the sentiment - they don't over react or take silly risks.

I also heard today that a lady my Nan is friends with is flying to Bali for her granddaughters wedding THIS weekend.

Makes you wonder. When people who have to be there are taking precautions are the people going for pleasure really aware of the undercurrents at the moment?

Good point Greenroome. When I was travelling through some of those places with my wife, we lost count of how many times she was touched up on busses by sleazy Isamic men. And what about all those elderly Balinese ladys that get around with their dugs hanging out. Do they deserve to die too?

Originally Posted By: Greenroome
Fundamentalist religion (of any kind) - the religion of hypocrisy.

Any religion that states that they are the "true religion" and that ANY other religion is illegitimate is a cause of intolerance.

Intolerance of other's beliefs is the foundation stone of fanaticism and suicide bombers and Crusaders.

Unfortunately, the way most religions (or even religious groups) retain their membereship is by promoting themselves as the "one true religion". This promotes division and incites the fanatics who will do whatever it takes (including blowing themselves up in public places) to ensure that their particular "brand" of religion gains and retains supremacy.

I have struggled to find another country with such an affronting contrast between its' own people. I have seldom felt as relaxed and warmed as I have whilst chatting and giggling away with an Indonesian Mamma when there's been no swell. At the same time I've never felt as furious and flattened as when I've seen the Bali Bombers getting yet another media spot on TV. They're a ratings drawcard, and it makes me ill. Plenty of Indonesian males see them as war heroes.

I wish I could visit an Indonesian island of only Mammas (with sick pits goin' off, of course).

Originally Posted By: JA
Fundamentalist religion (of any kind) - the religion of hypocrisy.

Any religion that states that they are the "true religion" and that ANY other religion is illegitimate is a cause of intolerance.

Intolerance of other's beliefs is the foundation stone of fanaticism and suicide bombers and Crusaders.

Unfortunately, the way most religions (or even religious groups) retain their membereship is by promoting themselves as the "one true religion". This promotes division and incites the fanatics who will do whatever it takes (including blowing themselves up in public places) to ensure that their particular "brand" of religion gains and retains supremacy.

AGREED JA!
"YOU" are more than welcome to believe you are right and on the right path (for you and for now) but have an open mind to the lives/experiences and beliefs of others!! That is where tolerance and compassion starts. Extremist views on anything (not just religion) can be very problematic.

SNOWHUNTER - NO! They need to die not by thier own hand!!

UPDATE - appears it will happen tomorrow.
Plenty of Indonesian males see them as war heroes.

Travel through any Indonesian town or city and you will see plenty of large bronze statues of 'war heros', usually toting a pistol or holding a weapon high into the sky (an interesting contrast to our war statues with a somber figure, head slightly bowed, weapon at the side). As far as I'm aware the Indonesians have never fought anyone and finding any kind of 'war hero' would be a difficult task.

Because of the 'technical delay' many news agency have manage to move some of their kit into various areas across Indonesia so expect a lot coverage on this

The rumor mill has it marked down for overnight (but I heard that before)

/I wonder what would be classified as a technical delay? A gun has a simple point and click interface wink