Hi Lydia,

I can recommend Xebio Super Sports, a massive sports barn in the south-east of the city. They are currently dropping their pants and clearing out last year's stock. I think they could try a bit harder and coming weeks might see them getting busier with the red pen. My wife and I actually just got back from buying her some (entry-level) Burton Casa snowboard boots for 13,200 yen, down from 18,900 yen.

Plenty of socks, frocks and electric jocks available in other parts of the barn too (okay, I lied about the jocks, but I wouldn't be surprised). Address is:

Shiroishi-Moiwa Dori (street)

Tsukisamu Higashi 3-10

Toyohira Ward

It's just north of Sapporo Dome, and a fairly easy ride from the city centre. Now, because I like you I'm going to give you a hot tip - before you go into Xebio, drop into the 2nd hand joint a few doors to the north on the corner (looks like a big Swiss chalet except it's white). They have got some insanely low prices on gear that's hardly been used. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: Greenroome
Hi Lydia,

I can recommend Xebio Super Sports, a massive sports barn in the south-east of the city. They are currently dropping their pants...

Whoa! That can't be good! omg

Let me know if you luck out. There are plenty of others around. Woody'z (under Parco in city centre) has some bargains, plus a comic bonus of being able to laugh at Burton's pissweak effort to revive eighties jacket fashions this year. Honestly, how could they mess that up? You can almost hear the voices in the creative directions strategy meeting making lame compromises.

There's also a big'un on the main drag in Miyanosawa (or was it Kotoni?) called All Sports (or was it Alpen?). Anyway, more super-accurate help available if you need it.

• 3 months later...

Greenroome just want you to know how much you rock (and not just cos green is the best color). I followed ur tip straight to the little white house and got this year's burton mayhem (pretty much untouched) + bindings, boots (again untouched) and rolling board bag for 45000 yen. If you're in niseko this week you should let me buy you and your wife a beer!

Best place I found is Paddle Club on Nango Dori in Atsubetsu. There are several people there that speak English.

Another god Spot ICI sport

Both stores have people that actually ski working there as opposed to Xeibo where they seem to be just salespeople.

Hey Bakcountrygrrl,

I`m so stoked to hear that you cleaned up. That place is a deadset goldmine. I`d love to collect that beer and check out what you got, but I`m currently up to my Jatz crackers in sweet sweet Daisetsuzan pow. And will be for weeks to come, I`m stoked to say!

Have a great time, and thanks for the feedback.