Cash distribution for households

Last time was vouchers, but according to he news feeds, Aso said the coming cash benefit will be ‘‘more effective as the current economic situation is more serious.’’

Curious...

With the Yen being so wonderfully(for those earning in Yen) bouyant at the moment....is there not a bit of insulation for the Japanese economy from the recessionary movements of the rest of the world?

I am rather surprised that there is a stimulus package being implemented in Japan.

will do Stemik..

I take an interest, but have not been watching much in Japan other than the snow situation and the Yen against the AUD/USD/UK Pound. It never occured to me that with a raging Yen there would also be big stock market tumbles - but I suppose markets world over are crashing. Bit of a AH-HA moment! LOL

The high yen has effectively priced a lot of Japan's exports out of the market. You'll see a lot more new Hyundais and Daewoooooos driving around Perth than new Nissans and Toyotas.

The Japanese government is trying to replace some of the lost overseas demand with some domestic demand.

Also they talking about making the highways 1000yen for any distance on weekend and bank holidays.

But I cant seem to find facts when all this will happen. Next week? Next Year? Never?

Seems the cash payment will be for low income earners and single mother house holds will get that benefit Muika.

Why should gaijin get it? Unless they are permanent I highly doubt it, and why should they!