ThirtyTwo Ultralight Snowboard Boots- Where to find them?

Anybody know which shop(s) in Tokyo would be carrying these so-called ridiculously light boots?

Does anybody actually own a pair and can attest to their lightness, feel and durability?

I'm looking for some nice light boots with medium stiffness, so if anyone can recommend other brands, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm also looking at thirtytwo lashed boots, too.

I thought that as well. I think the reason is that in any sport, companies make new gear because their is a segment of the market that has last seasons gear, and will buy new gear, not that they need new gear.

Go talk to a golf pro about how many lessons he does to people who have bought multiple sets of golf clubs off them.

Matt

Yes Thursday, but does it sacrifice ankle protection, stability etc...

How much weight advantage does it give you and is the difference noticeble in the ride or just when walking in the boots...

I have never felt disadvantaged because of the weight of my boots.

Mamabear, you might find that the lighter boots are actually stiffer than regular boots. Cant see them sacrificing performance on a top end product.

Im happy with my regular boots. Ive got low end burtons and rosignals at the moment. both are fine, as were the salomons that i had before that.

mind you, im not the best rider out there

I have never felt disadvantaged because of the weight of my boots.

Mamabear, you might find that the lighter boots are actually stiffer than regular boots. Cant see them sacrificing performance on a top end product.

Im happy with my regular boots. Ive got low end burtons and rosignals at the moment. both are fine, as were the salomons that i had before that.

mind you, im not the best rider out there

I am just interested wattie.

I have Van's Encore BOA's, love them...I tried on plenty before I felt like I had the perfect pair ... but I don't recall noticing any appreciable difference in weight between the boots at that time. Sure they are heavier than a pair of heels, but I have never been concerned that they are heavy on my feet, or slowed me down in any way. But I am not hitting the kickers in the park either! wink

I am just curious as to how big a difference the weight is and what advantages and disadvantages it offers...