So, time for new skis, maybe. Outgrew my old and got some inside price so I might just have to get two groovy

I'll like one pair that is more allround. Have anyone tried the Roxy, black magic? I heard they are great.

I don't want them to be to soft either.

I now ski on salomon teneighty, so much fun and a good allround ski I would say. But they are way to short now (I guess I grew some over the last three years) Liked my brothers K2 public enemy when I tried them.

Should I go for a girl ski? I'm 172 and about 64 kg.

My brother is trying to push me into buying a real powder ski (i'll use that as an excuse since I want a pair). Don't know how fat I can go though..

Anyone tried K2 Hellbent or Völkl Gotama? Salomon Czar? E-Motion Women's Ski ? and much much more..

I know that women skis has developed, but how big is the difference in softness? any other big difference?

Why are most girl-skis pink? don't like it..

open discussion on powder skis.. :]

I am the same size as you. I skied on Public Enemies for 2 seasons and they are a really stiff ski. Great for crud, but unless your legs are really strong they can be difficult to control. I would recomend something with more flex, especially if you are somewhere that gets a lot of snow. I skied on Armada ARVs (175) dimensions: 125:92:114 last year, up from my 168 PE's, it was amazing the difference the length and flex made. They are a lot lighter and more forgiving than the K2s. I am interested in the Gotamas this year, and also wondering about the advantagous of a womans ski. My opinion is that they are probably designed for smaller girls who dont have the weight to control mens skis, but if you are strong and it sounds like you are tall like me it me not be to our advantage? Yet to ride any though. Ive heard many good reports on the Gotamas though.

Hope this helps.

I too am currently looking for a powder ski - and it's interesting just how much fatter skis are than just two years ago. I've been skiing a Rossignol B2 for a couple of years and they are great both onpiste, touring and in the powder. A lot of my female ski buddies ski B2's or B3's and love them on and off piste - they find they have enough float for their weight.

I'm heavier and whilst I love the B2's for touring I'm going to go for something even fatter ski - at least 96mm under foot.

So have a look at the Rossignol B2 or B3 or anything fat by K2 or Black Diamond

Hugh

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that skis for women now a days have to be designed all for girls, most of them are yes. I'll think they are a lot better now then two years ago though. And that companies have started to realise that there is a big market for womens skis, and stuff..

I guess im pretty strong, thats why im hesitating on buying a women ski. But I'll think Roxy's Broomstix is going to be a pretty good allround ski.

I heard a lot of good things about the K2's Hellbent. They are going to be a bit softer then other powder skis, but as a girl.. Im not sure about the sice though.. Since Im 172 and the skis are 179 (which I first thought was great) But the 179 aren't acctually 179 but longer, 183 or 185 or something :] They messure differently. Should I go for 169?? Feels like they are going to be too short, since I want a powder ski I would like to go for a longer..

??? smile

Hey Emilia,

Can't help sorry but changing the title thread to make it more specific (include the ski names) might get you more answers. A lot of people might miss this thread cos there are so many with similar titles.