• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Mike, and thanks for the pics and the regular updates during this early start to the season. clap

I'm so excited. What a day! I started the day hooting at the Niseko and Furano pics on my laptop, and then I nearly fell off my bike on the way to work when I happened to glance up at the mountains and saw a very decent blanket of white right there on Sapporo Teine and its sisters!!!

veryshocked

Needless to say when the lights turned green I lit up the back tyre of the Momma Charry and did the monsterest wheelie all the way to town! First break I got I was straight down to Odori Park to stare at it some more - and no, it wasn't a dream!

Originally Posted By: MikePow
Wednesday 29 October 2008
Niseko Resort Area

Started snowing on Monday. Down to village level this morning.

Hiked to 1,000m for my first turns of the season. From nothing to knee deep powder. There were pockets of pow up to 64cm deep.

Was able to ski back to approx. 500m

Barely a scratch on the skis

First day of this season is 20 days earlier than last season smile

FKNA!!! Stoke!!!

Around 7 degrees in the village atm. The colder air won't come through till later tonight. Check the cams tomorrow morning though and you should see plenty of the white stuff. Here's hoping anyway! party

Storms with lightning and thunder moving through the region currently. Hopefully this is the leading edge of the cold front.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
What are you talking about Mike?! Still plenty of snow above the quad. Don't worry will be snowing to village level tomorrow.

Early to bed, early to rise,
Will hopefully get Mike the powder prize smile