• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez at this rate I'm seriously going to have consider what I'm going to have to cut back on my trip. My 3 week car rental has jumped by from £700 to £980. If I hadn't bought my air tickets I would cancel the trip. eyes I think I'm going to spend 3 weeks clearing snow from the inlaws roof and drinking ocha. My accomodation at Appi no longer seems like such a good deal. If the AUS $ is taking a similar beating Niseko's going to be a little quieter this season. Question is do I go and buy some yen now or pray the pound will strengthen a little. Wish I'd bought at 175 now. Regrets eh!

Originally Posted By: 7-11
UK pounds will soon be FREE if it continues like that!!!

I hope it drops to 1=1, then I'll be earning almost over 300 g's a month!!! 4 months and I'm retiring back to Blighty!!!
Originally Posted By: torihada
If the AUS $ is taking a similar beating Niseko's going to be a little quieter this season.

One of the reasons that Aussies flock to Japan is because it's cheap skiing. Not any more. though I would be guessing that most Aussies going to Niseko this season have already booked or organized their trip and not likely to pull out now.
Originally Posted By: Mantas

One of the reasons that Aussies flock to Japan is because it's cheap skiing. Not any more. though I would be guessing that most Aussies going to Niseko this season have already booked or organized their trip and not likely to pull out now.

Surely there's no Japanese lift ticket more expensive than Treadbo. Even at these rates.
Originally Posted By: ger
Originally Posted By: Mantas

Surely there's no Japanese lift ticket more expensive than Treadbo. Even at these rates.

It'll be close with these rates!

And yes - friends have cancelled....they are not shy of a dollar or two, but thier business and investments have taken hit after hit and they just can't justify the expense - but they also did not do the Aussie season for the same reason. Shame. eyes

Mama,

I think you're right. Japan lift tickets will be between AUD75-85 now. However, accommodation and eating out will hurt pretty bad for those who aren't staying in the cheap lodges. Even a bunk room will be up around AUD$50.

No offence but are banks only offering 161 when the headline rate is under 150?

Shittybank even will offer you much better than that. I think its a two yen spread. Sony bank will beat that, for a small membership fee. For larger amounts, look at using a dedicated currency exchanger. You should only pay tourist rates if someone is giving you cash notes in your hand.