• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only drawback for me on that day would have been that I would have needed to do the maths in my head very quickly for the conversion - and I am not good at mental maths.

eyes

So I would've got diddled.

lol

Can you make sure any app design has an easy to flick between calculator for the exchange amounts

TA

I think the app itself wouldn`t be so hard to make, and you could put in a calculator and latest fx rates of course. The problem would be legal issues, how to stop people getting mugged etc when using the app. I guess you could force a 1000 USD limit or something. To me airports make sense because there is heavy security there and plenty of people wanting to change money, if you could limit the app to work only in airports then I think it would make it safer.

Yep, and once you have a kiosk it is more profitable to just be a regular money changer and steal, I mean charge, 15% or so for every transaction.

It annoys me how much rates change form airport to airport. I remember the rate in KIX was about 10% worse than in arrivals at Changi airport last time I went to singapore. Luckily I only changed 30,000yen or so.

• 3 months later...
Quote:
Japan's finance minister has said the strength of the yen is harmful to the country's economy.

In trading the currency has touched 84 to the dollar, the US currency's lowest level since the mid-1990s.

A high yen damages the competitiveness of Japanese exports, which have been the engine of the country's growth.

Finance Minister Hirohisa Fujii said the government was watching closely, but did not signal immediate intervention.

Are you sure Rob, I can't remember that.

gd work Rob and nice work with the graph Mr W - one might say the definition of an alley oop (sp?) -

on another note whats the worst it has been in terms of yen earners wanting pints of pounds ? wasn`t it around 230 a few years ago - (thks in advance to Mr W )