• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr Tubby Beaver

Thank you for querying the different fares you saw on our website for the same ticket. I realise that this must be particularly annoying as you want to travel with British Airways and hope to get the best fare.

Ticket prices have to take very many factors into account, however. Of course, the distance and type of aircraft are part of the equation, as well as our operating costs and customer demand for the destination in question. There is also the fact that landing and navigation fees, and airport charges, can vary widely between different countries, and even between different cities in the same country.

However, we do run special offers on our Japan route. You might like to ask your travel agent to let you know when they come up and you'll also find details if you go to ba.com.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond to your concern. We look forward to welcome you on board again soon.

Best regards

lol I can't believe I actually had it...but here is the reply.

Distance and type of aircraft.......I'm pretty sure it will be the same type of aircraft coming in the opposite direction....definitely the same distance!!

Thank you for querying the different fares you saw on our website for the same ticket........

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond to your concern.

>> that in itself is funny, never mind the bollocks in between!

Originally Posted By: stemik
wow Im amazed they responsed......and even more amazed that TB sent a letter to them

haha I'm quite the soapbox climber Stemik!! I often write away letters when I feel there is an injustice or a company is taking the piss!! lol

When I was a student, I bought my 1st mobile phone, after 2 weeks they (BT) simply cut me off. After about 20 phone calls (over the space of a month) to them and hearing the same shite about "being patient....there is a fault in the area....they are fixing the problem etc etc" I wrote a few emails away to the Consumer Investigative columns that are in various Sunday Newspapers, Telecom Watchdogs and the TV show Watchdog as well. Within 2 days of sending the emails away, i got a reply from 2 Scottish Sunday papers saying that they were gonna investigate for me and then within a week I had BT PR dept on the phone offering me all my money back that I had paid for the phone and its credit, the money for my mum's bill to the premium rate customer helpline number and a new phone. When I asked them why they were all of a sudden offering me the earth, they said it was purely because the papers were involved and they didn't want the bad PR!! I was fuming!

About 74 at the moment.

It was as low as about 50ish, down from the highs of a little over 100 in the peak.

I am content with 74+, will be stoked if it gets to 80. I think when we were over 100 it was a bit overheated and non sustainable.

But I am no economist.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to swap over some NZ dollars left over from son's recent Cardrona trip yesterday - and was toying with the idea of changing it to Yen, rather than Aussie $$.

UNTIL I SAW THE RATE THEY WERE OFFERING!

veryshocked 72

They would BUY at 90, sell at 72. The rate on XE was 80/81.

Highway robbery.

Anyway I wanted to get rid of the play money so I stood in the queue behind ONE woman [chatty they were] for half an hour. A guy stood behind me for almost as long. After my transaction he said to me "We should have talked in the queue...I am buying NZ dollars, and I would have given you a better rate than they did, and we could have been out of here a lot faster."

Just another reinforcement to me - talk to people - you never know who you will meet, or what opportunities you could have missed by being insular.

We are always paying for service charge per transaction ....

so the actual rate is always higher ...

We are not getting inter bank rates either.

My beef here is ..

WHAT"S THE BIG DEAL where you are only doing 10~20G . Only a several 100 bucks difference. Plenty of people waste that kind of money.

When you are dealing in 100G's it really starts to make sense.

mamabear - your comment just gave me a great idea for an i-phone application: airport money exchange. in an airport, logon to the app and input what exchange you want to make and your price, then browse the other buyers in 100M radius and see if theres a match.