Hello all - in order to lose a few pounds to feel better about myself for the coming winter - I have signed on to the herbalife diet - I have just started on it a few weeks ago thus no dramatic results as of yet - it involves protein shakes as a supplement for two daily meals - the shakes are tasty and varied and a bonus is the centre is right near my work -

I was just wondering if any one else has any experiences positive (hopefully) or otherwise with the diet - ?

thks in adv

BB

I am not big on replacement shakes - I don't think they teach you how to eat correctly and when you come off them sometimes you put the weight straight back on.

A few years ago I lost 30kgs simply through watching everything I ate and everytime I was hungry I would go and have a glass of water and then wait 10 minutes to see if I really was hungry thus I also cut out snacking. I have put on 5 kgs recently but it was my fault, I started eating STUPID things again. Have been dieting for 3 weeks and even though I have only lost 2kgs the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off.

Good Luck - Do what ever works for you!! friend

Originally Posted By: thursday
all these programs reminds me of my fave.

The Atkins, but with my options.

Meat, lots
veg, little
wine, lots

worked for me.

I should get on that then....

I need to shed a few kilos but I simply can't be arsed!! lol
Back home for about a year I was a gym monkey and was getting into shape but with the Scottish diet it wasn't phenomenol, I came out here and stopped going to the gym BUT I eat a hell of a lot healthier so I've not put on any weight. I just can't seem to get back into the gym frame of mind here, I reckon if I hit the gym here like I did back home, with the added bonus of eating better I should be able to shed the pounds...unfortunately I am a lazy sod!! lol
Quote:
I need to shed a few kilos but I simply can't be arsed!!

Alas, I'm a bit the same. I am just having way too much trouble getting it going after summer.

Your diet sounds good, thursday. Crisps and snacks ok too?

Crisps, chocolate and cakes are carbs people!!! LOL

And they are nasty carbs at that - huge insulin response immediately upon eating. Bad bad bad.

Meat, fish, eggs, vegies in wild abandon.

Wholemeal, wholegrain carbs moderately.

The rest of it rarely.

Big mistake I always made was to eat lots of fruit - it is high in natural sugars and gives a big insulin response as well ... swapped the fruits for vegies and it is all good. No more low 3.30itis either!