Originally Posted By: snowhunter
...This board has as crazy reverse camber thing going on I cant wait, bring on the POW...

Please tell us how it rides if/when the snow finally comes! I'm very curious. I saw the reverse-camber boards at Murasaki Sports the other day.

We were going to buy all new boards (not me - I am happy with my board)for the family this season, but the only one that needs a new one is bearcub 11yrs old who has grown about a foot since buying his board. The 9yr old will graduate to the 11yrs old board instead of a new one. And the teenagers will just have to suck it up and use thiers for one more season.

The crashing dollar is one big reason.

The purchase of all new wakeboards for the entire family is the other.

Originally Posted By: hknz
b_malolo_166_08.jpg

2008 Burton malolo 158, hate the graphic of 2009 one
but the stupid 3D inserts are really a problem for stance width adjustment

I love those graphics! do you have a weird stance width that is restricted by the 3d holes?
Originally Posted By: snowhunter
banana.jpg

Mr Snowhunter's new Lib Tech snowboard. He's counting down the days till he gets to use it. smile

I traded my noboard fish for a 152 skate banana for a run last winter and it seemed like a super fun board. just wish they'd make bigger sizes (around 161/162).

for whoever was asking about reverse camber'd boards, go read up on it on the burton forums. There's a couple huge discussions about banana tech vs the burton hero (v-rocker)

reverse camber means the tips of the board go up instead of down (put your board on the floor and see how the middle of it isn't flat on the ground. with reverse camber when you put the board on the floor, depending on the style, between the bindings is flat on the floor and the nose and tail are in the air.

This means: easier to butter, generally a more fun board for park and having fun all over the resort. Should be not as good for speed or hardpack as regular camber. In powder since the nose is up already, you don't have to put your weight on your back foot = which eliminates back leg burn

lib tech has banana tech

k2 has rocker tech

burton has s-rocker (fish, fish ltd, nofish, piranha), v-rocker (hero)and camberless (fix)

rome has something

and there's a couple of others too

Kuma ... how is the fish and is this years any different to last years? I am looking for a powder board that does go ok on the groomers too. Is this going to do all this or is it another one of these boards that just suits the pow and nothing else? I wish they had a 164 or something though

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
Originally Posted By: hknz
b_malolo_166_08.jpg

2008 Burton malolo 158, hate the graphic of 2009 one

but the stupid 3D inserts are really a problem for stance width adjustment

I love those graphics! do you have a weird stance width that is restricted by the 3d holes?

Those graphics is the best among several years of malolo. The topsheet is a gross one which can be easily scratch and dirt. if i had a choice , i would prefer a matt one.

havent try the stance, the recommended stance is 21", i think i would set it to 19" for freeriding and hope to be ok.

Dont understand burton's logic using 3D instead of 4X2 which allows minor inclement adjustment. (this is the first time i use a burton board)

• 5 weeks later...

hmmm,

162 bmc

166 frontier

164 custom x

160 fish ltd

162 malolo

160 fish noboard

lol, didn't realize I had 6 now! (and that they were all burton)

I also have a 162 nitro suprateam but that's got a fracture under the back binding.

Anyone want it?

I didn't buy a new board this year because there was nothing wrong with my board from last year. ;p

we need a nice environment for plenty of cold weather and snow, support green boards or repairs & refurbished/used models. imagine if Burton stopped making new boards seasonally and instead retooled used boards for a third price every other season....mmm.

edit:

boards from last year.

and i had to buy a replacement board last year but that's not related! at all! really!

I'm looking at buying a board and bindings when I'm briefly in Tokyo before heading to Shiga Kogen.

Can anyone get some prices/advice for me on last years/previous years stuff?

I'm looking for bindings with a cap/toe strap like Burton, and a board to suit an intermediate that wants to advance. I prefer all-mountain/free riding, and I'm short, so a 151-154 usually does me (well it has on the hire boards I've used).

Anyone care to help?