Just wondering if the any of the rain that is predicted to fall in the next five days, will hit the mountain in the form of snow? That is to say will the freezing point be low enough altiude wise?

below is a link to the weather forecast to which i'm refering - apologies if this is not allowed, no offence was intended.

I know that updates are available on SJF but the most recent one is a week and a half old, so I just wondered if anyone that is actually on the ground has any observations. I'm just bored, at my computer and curious.

Sorry i don't know why the link didn't work. The site was msn's own weather page and I just typed in Niseko as the location.

As for the questions, my undergrad degree is in Politics but about one third of the credits were Philosophy options, so I guess asking questions is really in my nature.

Should see some snow up top, then looking good for some lower falls 31st - 1st. At this stage keep an eye on 6th/7th Nov for first touch at the base. Well thats how things are looking on the charts ATM, things will probably change.

I mainly use this CLICK Japan is at the top, if the black line extends over with red, then basically its on

cheers

Oh, use the tabs at the bottom to advance days.

Looks like much of the precipitation will move through ahead of the colder air so I don't expect much snow to lower levels but Youtei should get a fair amount up higher. By Sunday it should be cold enough for some snow on Annupuri, we'll just have to see how much precip is still around. Next week the temps will stay very cool and I would expect the next system to come should see the first decent falls at the resort. Snow right to village level is still probably a couple of weeks off yet though...we'll see.

I hope you are right GN we definately need some excitement again in these tough times. I remember the first snow fall on Youtei - World Recession What Recession THERE IS SNOW ON YOUTEI!!

I have a website that I follow for the weather until SJ is up and going with daily reports but I don't think I am allowed to post it. They so far seem to be pretty accurate.

• SnowJapan Admin

Said it before in a similar situation, but why don't you either email us or send a PM and ask us rather than make a point about it on the Forums?

We won't bite, and have been known to be at times very friendly.

friend

Hello, I m a very fresh & new member in here. There's one inquiry I really wanna raise... does anybody know when will be the initial opening day of the ski slope of Niseko Annupuri? This information would be very useful for me to make any last minute change for my coming trip next month. Thank you u guys ^_^