• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training is essential. I've been down at the local park running into trees. If my past experience is anything to go by I'm guaranteed to run into at least one or two trees in the course of a week in the off piste in Niseko and Rusutsu!

Maybe I need to tune up my pitching arm then - I had to drag the little ones butt up onto the chair a couple of times when he missed the jump (butt too close to the ground).

Falling off chairs Stemik? You mean from high up on the ride or at the end of the ride when you are getting off?

I had a couple of grand stacks coming away at Falls Creek - those things are designed so they can run the lift fast with a large drop away (read FAST drop off with back foot not strapped in)....yet people insist in standing right in the line of trajectory!! - it is ok when it is two people on a 4 person lift - you choose where to go...when you are in between two+ others you don't have too many choices except crash yourself (and therefore be in the way of the next people off), or choose which person to take out. Not great options. 90% of the time I got away clean, but a couple of tumbles were inevitable.

Have not actually taken a dive from up high though...

Originally Posted By: stemik
and ive been pratising falling of chairs......i fell off a chairlift last season...

Maybe that's the problem... you should be practicing not falling off chairs doh
Originally Posted By: keba
Originally Posted By: stemik
and ive been pratising falling of chairs......i fell off a chairlift last season...

Maybe that's the problem... you should be practicing not falling off chairs doh

falling off chairs without hurting myself - i should have added.

Actually i was getting on the lift with my little one and his ski got caught, he pulled me down with him.....didnt really hurt that much but the lift attendant wanted to call ski patrol to check my injury....only injury I had was my pride...
  • 1 month later...

Training is away to start tonight, only got 4 weeks until we leave though!!! Just hoping the trainer at the gym will sort me out with a decent programme!!! I do a fast 20 min walk a day at the mo and that is it. Don’t usually bother but don’t want to be in pain on my first trip to Japan!!!!!

LOL, I hit the gym hard twice a week, then do my martial arts 5 times a week, didnt really break for xmas either.

do I need to step it up a bit? razz (3 weeks to go!!) (just gotta make sure I don't break anything in the meantime)

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
How's everyones training going??? confused

I'm still powering along although I think I will take the week off before we leave to get some energy back. (Well that's my excuse anyway)

I mapped out a 3 month program and have implemented it - 11 days before I leave. Some how I dont think it will be as effective but still 11 days better off then nothing at all. smile