• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started last Monday. Walking approx 6km each day which will soon go to jogging, in the gym doing upper and core strength conditioning but need a lot more, surfing and will get on the skateboard again. Changed my diet, losing weight and getting fitter.

Also have started drinking vodka in the sun, but I dont think thats helping.

LOL @ Tubby!

I am swimming laps about 1km 3 times a week.

Weight training (especially calf muscles!!) 3 times a week.

Wake boarding at least once a week.

Plus I am high protien/low carb eating to shed excess weight while maintaining muscle mass.

Also getting once a week deep tissue massage to deal with problem area's - dicky right knee and dodgy right shoulder!

Gotta admit - this is the best condition I have been in since I started having kids 17 years ago. This obsession with snow riding is VERY good for me!

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Mamabear - do you have a massuese you can recommend in Perth?

Jacobs ladder is calling smile

I have had hit and miss Pete...but of late I am actually getting great healing benefit from visiting Health Point at Garden City Shopping Centre Booragoon. I am mixing it up - sometimes whole body, sometimes reflexology (yesterday) and sometimes just neck, shoulders and back (which extends to the knees).

From the neck shoulders back I find the spinal realignment and easing of tense muscles helps more than just that area! Referred pain from spinal issues is a big problem that a lot of people don't recognise.

The reflexology is another whole body tonic - but I find it especially helps with my knees - as there is a lot of tension on the outside side of my calves from knee to ankle which they work as well as the foot itself.

The bonus is they are not expensive - you can usually rock up and be seen immediately - and most of thier services do not require de-clothing which saves time! For me, I can go and do my grocery shopping - stick it in cold storage and get a massage before heading home. YAY!

I MTB when it isn't snowy and snowboard when it is, so I really don't change any activity or exercise habits. In that cusp of the seasons when it is too mucky to ride a bike but not snowy to side a board is difficult - it is pretty easy to fall into the "hibernation"/"couch potato" routine without some kind of motivation.

I have:

- cut out beer drinking

- cut out eating karage, tonkatsu and other deep fried foods

- started morning walks into the office

- planned some autumn hiking

- dusted off my gym membership

seems to be working gradually...

I usually do my work outs in the morning as it gets me going for the day. When I started had to think of my skiing trip as motivation but now am quite enjoying it (VERY SAD!!)

Jog 5km then weights

Mountain Biking

Gym and weight training

I try to do all the above at least 4 days a week with a jog in the am and gym in the arvo (if I have the energy).

Have tried to give up the glass of wine at night BUT CAN'T cheers

For me it's punishing the weights at my local gym 4 times a week along with burning up the tarmac on my bike doing 50 - 100 km runs, but then I am always doing this so not really pre-season prep, rather all year round body torture, nothing like staying in shape.

Have to say though I have improved my diet though recently, not that it was so bad, but really concentrating on what I eat now, trying to pack on a bit more muscle again.