Thanks for the support folks. It's cloudy today but I think we've had snow at the top of Karamatsu for all you eager Hakubaheadz. Not long to go now people.

To Telly boy

userpic7109pic83f961b64c1b28.jpg

"Who loves ya, baby?"

Any chance of a lollypop?

Are these Sally babies any good?

gelknee.gif

Here's some protection for you Fatty in case you straddle that tree again. Word up!

cameo20.jpg

I've been using Salomon protectors for skateboarding, and although I hate them, they're stronger and better made than anybody else's.

(I hate them because the knee protector straps are too short and the elbow protector straps are too long. I had to cut and resew them after I made a nice bloody hole in my elbow when they slid up my arm in a wipeout. The ones I have are different from the ones in your pic though.)

And just because you're a Viking now doesn't mean you should expect the local women to hoick up their skirts to their waists as you pass. Here is Japan, and Danelaw doesn't apply.

didn`t know you skateboarded Ocean11?

i`ve just taken it up too. it`s sooooo difficult. mad.gif way more difficult than i thought it would be.

agree with you on the `pads` thing though, an absoolute must.

i watched an awesome vid last week that i wanna recomend to EVERYONE. (that is, everyone who surfs, skates, snowboards, skis, wakeboards...) it`s called:

" DOGTOWN & Z BOYS " it`s a must watch eek.gif

NOFAKIE, these pads are the tits, just what Ive got but yeah the straps on them are too short, I chopped mine off and the elastic behind the knees is still good enough to hold them in place without having to adjust them all the time, the size of the pads are good to as you dont get sweatty knee pits, the amount of plastic protection is small but all you need, skateboard cheapies are too bulky, used them back in the mid 90s chucked em out soon as i got the salomon ones.

while everyone's on the topic of skating, anyone seen danny way on the cover of the new transworld skate? he's going off on this absolutely monstrous quaterpipe

there's also a sequence in the mag of him doing a 720 over a 60ft gap. on a skateboard! that is mad

it's in the new DC video, if anyone can find a link to the teaser i'm sure it would be interesting viewing

NoFakie,

Welcome to the origin of the snow sports! Yes, you did get a great deal. A pair of T1 brand new is close to 5man. Volant skis were never discounted. Chili is a proven workhorse bindings - but watch out for the wire snap near the pivot point. If you see an even a smallest break in wire, it will unravel in matter of hours. When I first started to tele, I had a pair of PKs and they are the easiest skis to lean tele in powder. clap.gif

NoFakie,

Congrats on getting the tele setup. You will not regret it. Also good move getting some substantial stuff with the T1's and the Volants. If the bindings give you some problems I recommend the HammerHeads by Rainey Designs. Little more expensive but worth it I think. I have been totally happy with mine. I have a feeling you will be teleing most of the time now. That's all I pretty much do now - unless it is real hardpack and the alpine skis come out. Where are you going to be skiing this year?

NoFalie,

Volant skis are very tricky to replace bindings after some holes being drilled. When my plate came off of the Cuhb, I had to thow away the skis. If you have a riser plate, it is easier but make sure to use epoxy to have a good bonding between the bindings and the plastic plates.

Thanks for more great comments.

Here's a pic of the gear at the previous owner's house. The boots appear purple in the pic, but they're black. FWIW, some K2 Enemies with Chilis and spare cables went for 18000 in another Yahoo Auction yesterday.

userpic9487pic93f961b64c6948.jpg

IM

The guru said the same thing about the Chilis. Do you know where you can buy spares?

TeleSkier

The bindings have got riser plates with ankle risers. My snowshoes have ankle risers and they really help save the calves.

I'll probably start on the "Milky" or "Soft Cream" course at Goryu lol.gif Holy gradient batman! That's if the middle part of 47 doesn't open in two weeks time like last year.

If I get the knack, I'll be out here in Hakuba, with a couple of jaunts up to Charmant Hiuchi (great place-can get dumped on when Hakuba doesn't) and maybe Nozawa/Myoko for a change.