Hi there,

First time poster, I've come for information my friends and i are traveling to Japan in January 2009 from 18th to the 31st. Were looking currently for a good recommended place to stay in Niseko my friends recommended black diamond ski lodge. But i really wanted something a little better. We want nice accommodation but at the same time affordable probably around 140 per person. Any Suggestions would be great help!! Thanks,

-Wilson

• SnowJapan Admin

Personally I have never been to any of them so I don't have any recommendations, and indeed it's not really for us - ie. this site - to do so.

But other people might be able to help and we wish you good luck finding a place you like.

Wilson, just saying you want something better than BDL is not really a starting point. What are you after? closer to the slopes? better catering options? less of a backpacker experience? etc.

There are some great places in Niseko that cater to all sorts.

Your stay actually covers CNY which most places would hike up just for that.

Good luck.

Lot of places will be booked too.

I know the accomodation we stayed in last Janaury at that time was filled before June. I think we made our booking in May and we wanted accomodation for 3 families and only got it for 2 - the other family had to take accomodation next door (which was also really nice but just not as large). It was self contained and v close to lifts. We have stayed there twice now.

But if any accomodation is still available there I would be very very surprised. You might be better off finding out if there is anything available at all, and if there is choosing between what is available rather than getting all excited about this place or that only to find it was booked and paid for 9 months ago.

Good Luck though.

Yeah im kind of worried about the accommodation side at the moment because that's the general vibe im getting is that alot of places are booked out or are filling fast so BDL may only be the best place i can get but what im trying to ask is i would like something a little better than BDL as in i don't want shared amenities. A cosy room with a tv close to the slops with its own amenities is all i really want were uni students so we don't have much money lol razz

The other thing about BDL which you may or may not be aware of is that it's nowhere near anything else. You're out in Higashiyama and access to/from Hirafu (where everyone else and most of the fun is) is not that easy. If you want to stay in Hirafu just try all the main property managers that would be advertised in the link SJF provided. Seriously though you're in Japan where communal bathing is the norm, get over the shared amenities thing...

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Seriously though you're in Japan where communal bathing is the norm, get over the shared amenities thing...
TRUE!
If this old duck can go the Onsen .... you young whipper snappers can cope with sharing a bathroom down the hall!!! lol

Hi Wilson

We surfed the Snow Japan Acccomodation sites last year and this year. Last year we stayed at Niseko Park Hotel which was awesome, onsen for hotel guests only (which was nice for a first timer), private bathroom and buffet breakfast every morning that kept us going until dinner time, ski straight onto the slopes..

We booked our trip in April this year for February 2009 next year which was filling up fast but ended up with awesome accomodation again at the Fresh Powder Apartments.

My advise is check SJ places to stay and then check the village maps cause you don't want to get anything to far away or right down the back of the village. wave