True Seedy.

I am unsure what the reason can be other than they see an opportunity to profiteer from the crazy international marketplace at this point in time.

I would respond saying that you are sorry but the contract was made and paid in full, there should be no reason to increase the price after the payment has been concluded.

Cheeky cheeky cheeky

I had a call from my travel agent at 5pm Thursday week ago who advised me that unless my group of 10 paid the $40,000 balance on our February trip by 10am the following day the price for the whole group would increase by $10,000. We had already paid $20,000 deposit and our balance wasnt due until 20 December. To make matters worse, she said the whole balance for the group had to be paid and it couldn't be divided up by families so if one coupld couldnt afford it we all cop it. fortunately we could find the money.

It is completely outrageous that they can do that after you have booked and paid the deposit they asked for.

SEEDY - I am sorry go tell them to jump if you have paid in full they have no right to ask for more money. They have had your money since April?? NO WAY!!

SAM - That is EXACTLY what happened to us some of our group wanted to wait and pay in December but we wanted to pay by August. To get the discount we ALL had to pay in August. LUCKY we did though because it would be costing us a WHOLE LOT more now. We have rung to confirm that we are all paid up and booked in with no extra hidden costs and thankfully we are.

Now we just have to hold our breaths and hope the travel agent or airline don't fold in the economic turmoil!! sadface

Originally Posted By: samwillis5
I had a call from my travel agent at 5pm Thursday week ago who advised me that unless my group of 10 paid the $40,000 balance on our February trip by 10am the following day the price for the whole group would increase by $10,000. We had already paid $20,000 deposit and our balance wasnt due until 20 December. To make matters worse, she said the whole balance for the group had to be paid and it couldn't be divided up by families so if one coupld couldnt afford it we all cop it. fortunately we could find the money.

It is completely outrageous that they can do that after you have booked and paid the deposit they asked for.

That sounds to me your agent is nervous about being afloat by Feb. Hope you've taken out insurance.