lol

Gore-tex is your friend. Had a set of DaKine ones before, now running Burton AK 3L Gore gloves. Most Gore gloves have a middle-layer Gore-tex insert, whereas the shell fabric on the AK's is the laminated membrane, sort of like a jacket - all seam-taped and everything.

Dissapointed with Burton gloves. After one days riding last year on a new set, the outer rubber on the tips and palm started shredding. They dont bond it to the fabric just stitched down on the seams. For the price paid they should be of better quality. Still very useable but annoyed with the quality.

Cheers Kuma for starting the thread.

I have a pair of Oneil ones that my bro spent quite a bit of money getting me but after only my 10 times last year, the fabric at the rubber tips has started to pull away and they are pretty much ruined now. I liked them as well, kept my hands really warm and they were long so they stoped snow from getting down my sleeves. I saw some Burton ones but they didn't have the rubber tips and they looked like cheapo supermarket ones, will have to shop around up in Ochanomizu I reckon

I agree that on the whole burton gloves are shitty quality. Dont know why this is given that some of their other gear is nice. However i like the pair i have.

I have had to do some repairs on gloves. A friend put me onto a product called shoe goo. Its a re-rubberiser. It sort of looks like tar. Doesnt look pretty but works well at repairing tears and stops all leaks. I have done all the finger tips of my gloves because i find a lot of the tears come from getting them caught in snowboard bindings. Havent had any problems since.

Matt

Hestra - the best gloves I have ever owned (for winter rather than spring) also they were half the price from backcountrystore.com shipping included than from the store in Japan* (*a few years ago now)

Hestra army leather heli pro, i board and i have a pair - even though the not for boarders tag. warm, dry, changeable linings, glove/split finger or mitt, cuffs, durable. Not cheap but good quality. The gore tex ones might be even better.

It gets seriously cold in Banff, -42 last season. ski lifts open down to -32 (from experience at norquay) as long as wind is low. Never need extra inners with these gloves - they are that good.

Funny enough i got mine from backcountry or backcountry outlet last summer. Just received this winters catalogue in the post last week, some good looking new models.