Looks like there are at least two shops in town. Its likely that you will have to book in anyway so perhaps cruise by both of them and check out their work. If you want to be received well go in with a clear understanding of what you want, be respectful and dont cry (out loud smile )

Another option is to look for a custom motorcycle shop in the area and see who they recommend or anyone you see around who has ink. Good luck and enjoy it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: CptSlow
Sorry i wanted recommendations on tattoo shops haha, just bumped the onsen thread, sorry for confusion
smile

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Looks like there are at least two shops in town. Its likely that you will have to book in anyway so perhaps cruise by both of them and check out their work. If you want to be received well go in with a clear understanding of what you want, be respectful and dont cry (out loud smile )

Another option is to look for a custom motorcycle shop in the area and see who they recommend or anyone you see around who has ink. Good luck and enjoy it.

um might sound really silly to anyone that doesnt know me, but my best friend and I are getting an outline of a llama just a small one, no bigger than a few cm, it has a lot of history for us and its what we normally call each other kinda pet names haha. So symbol of friendship and our trip in Japan smile

um might sound really silly to anyone that doesnt know me,

Sounds like the perfect tattoo to me - personal. Try and get exactly what you want at the size you want sorted before you go in. Will save you time and $ and you'll get it exactly right. Please post a pic when its done. Im due for some more soon myself.

Possibly - but unlikely. Will do my back next. Got the start of it set up a couple months ago when in Bali, both the dragon (China) and Koi (Japan) will run down the sides of my back. Just need to find the time to get it done.

fishcropped.jpg

dragoncropped.jpg

They are somewhat addictive....

um might sound really silly to anyone that doesnt know me,

Sounds like the perfect tattoo to me - personal. Try and get exactly what you want at the size you want sorted before you go in. Will save you time and $ and you'll get it exactly right. Please post a pic when its done. Im due for some more soon myself.

Yip I have actually found a place and emailed them, he requested an image so going to get that sorted and sent before we get to Japan. Cool will do. I'm actually getting one on Friday too, its been 7 years since i've had some ink so very excited. On Friday i am getting "ureshii" tattooed on my wrist. biggrin

Wow your tatts are so cool, must have hurt a fair bit.
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
What will you do when you are "kanashii"?

sadface

Perhaps the other wrist?

I'm still deciding on whether to get a steak or meat/potato pie on my forehead.

Its not something i try to be often, so am happy not to be reminded of it, "ureshii" signify's my love for the snow and how i feel when i am in it, and also Japan