Is there any season work for English speaking only people who want to do a season in Japan?

If not, is it bet just to get a room in a backpackers place for a while and do the season anyway - doesn't seem like the typical destination for ski backpackers?

Gordon - you can usually find a teaching job here, I think, but it may not be near the mountains.

If you have the resources to ski a whole season without needing to make any income, why not just do it. Most of the backpackers places will consider discounting for a long stay, as long as you pay up front, naturally

Hello Gordon, i'm doing a season in Japan this winter.

I've booked my first months digs in Hakuba, see how i get on there either stay or move onto another resort.

I've got 3/4 months in Japan before moving onto Australia, US then hame.

If you didn't mind taking the risk it could be worth getting yourself a working holiday visa and heading over to a popular resort in early-mid December and trying to pick up some work/accomodation that way. I would guess Hakuba, Niseko, Furano would be the best places.

Hey dude, I'm a Brit that speaks no Japanese, and i have got a job instructing in Niseko next season. So there must be other jobs available in Niseko that are available for non-japanese speakers.

I have been trying to teach myself some Japanese over the past month or so, simply because i feel it might appear arrogant not to bother attempting try.

Good luck bro.

what is the nightlife in Hakuba like?

and... how many foreigners are there skiing there / in the hostels. As much as I want to experience a different culture while travelling, I wouldn't mind not being completely alone on the hills all day and nothing to do in the evenings wink

AFAIK Hakuba is the best area on Honshu for nightlife, I think the area is called echoland, as to how many bars and restaurants etc up there, some of the Hakuba peeps will have to fill you in on the finite details. Apres ski is not the same here as it is in Europe and America. I'd guess there are quite a few Gaijin up in Hakuba so the faces won't be totally alien to you, but as this is Honshu and Hakuba is one of the most famous ski areas, there will be plenty more locals than Gaij