• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers soubs.

GG, reread previous posts for 1st Q razz

Many gaijin HR teachers. No. Anybody else on this forum one? Doubtful. I was hoping there might be a few, but most cant handle the Japanese side of it and all the admin work in Japanese, nor would many want to. I wanted to continue teaching here, def. not in the states, so I only applied to 3 schools who were hiring tenure positions as HR teachers. I know of a few others here in Kansai, and met a few who are up in Tokyo at a conference before. Maybe like .01% of all gaijin teaching. I think more gaijin tend to go the Uni route - I dont wanna do research and would be bored shitless teaching uni kids (we all know they do F'all here in this country) hence no teaching satisfaction for me. I tried teaching just for the money before this job and was doing well for only 16 hours/week but hated my job/loved my vacation. But, ended up hating going to work for the most part cuz I was bored shitless at my last school.

How do you think I racked up like 7000 posts back when FT, Toque, Tson, Dizzy, et al were keeping the Snow In Japan thread going. That was the original chat box!

New update, well, what to say, mom has still managed to blame everything on everybody but herself – nothing new there. Her daughter collapsed this morning before coming to school and had to be carted off by an ambulance (heard this happened dozens of times when she was a freshman) and had every test possible done. “Fortunately†nothing was the matter (other than the fact that shes mentally unstable which the mother doesn’t see, or doesn’t want to admit) and she was ordered by the doctor to be bedridden for several days bringing us to the fact that she will have missed more classes than allowed to be promoted to the next grade (THANK GOD!!). No matter what happens now, no matter what excuses the mom can possibly create, her daughter wont go up to the next grade.

The interesting part is going to be Thursday when the principal, vp, head of student disciplinary board, myself and her mom and dad meet up to discuss the situation. There goes another 2 hours of my time veryangry I cant wait to be finished with this woman.

Thanks for letting me vent smile

GG, ya ever look back? wink

When I was school there was problem child in my class. I remember the teacher had to spend so much time with the child and their parents. Another parent became quite angry about it because so much time just with one student.

Good luck it.

thanks ecchi chan smile We were in a meeting for 3 hours today and Im too exhausted from it to type it up. I do have to say we made progress which is the most important thing, It took 2 hours to make progress, but its a very good step, and one I am happy to see for the first time since dealing with her thumbsup

Got any advice for a tannin? Or something you wish tannin knew about students in general?

to some extent tson. The mom wont rule it out right now though she still doesnt honestly think she needs it. Coming from this lady, just saying that its not outta the possibility is a good step. All she kept saying was 一切無ㄠin regards to many things. ãã†ã„ã†å•é¡Œã¯ä¸€åˆ‡ç„¡ã„. Well, the admin side of it didnt think so but whatever...shes just trying to do what she thinks is right for her daughter. We had a private talk after for bout 30 mins and it was pleasant.

Why is it women hear what the want to hear, and dont hear what they should be hearing? wink razz

• 4 months later...

Final Update:

The mom and dad both need therapy, but since saying that is outta the question their daughter is never going to get better because they arent going to get better/change. As of yesterday, she is quitting school and going abroad. I dont know how she will manage studying abroad, but the problem isnt mine anymore. Tried many times for the mom to get her daughter to speak with a psychiatrist, but she flat out refused that idea saying her daughter is 100% fine. I am so happy I dont have to deal with them anymore; and I know this wont be the last time I have to deal with nutty parents, but hopefully I can have a year off.

You know the family was a problem when you get handshakes from a half dozen of the bigwigs shifty sadface

The worst thing is, until the parents change she will never get better, and knowing that and not being able to do anything about it sucks.

OK, Now is time for you to move on, get them out of your head and concentrate on the rest of the class.

Best of luck!

cheers

(ex-teacher) JA

Yes dude - move on and scratch it up to sh*t parenting. So often the parents are quick to blame others, but when people start to look at the parents as role models, then all hell breaks loose.